Y&R Discussion Week of June 14

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Neil works best as a character who causes a reaction out of other characters. On his own he's just kind of dull.

The problem is he and the entire black cast have been so degraded over the past few years. I've seen some comments elsewhere saying that Neil deserves this with Ashley and Tucker because he's selfish or obsesses over his family, but Victor does the same stuff, yet Victor is treated as a prize stud.

As for black women, surely the horrific treatment of characters like Devon and Roxanne would be most offensive?

• Members

The more people talk about Nick being a Newman the less I see it. He looks more like the frat boy who never grew up and his best days are far behind him.

Yes, but it wasn't the sex montage that she got with Tucker. All they showed was her taking off his shirt.

We thought that during her pregnancy with Faith.

• Members

Only cause TPTB let him.

Kristoff isn't Don Cheadle but he's an above average actor that can knock it out of the park when given the material.

Hell anytime Camryn Grimes is on set (or even mentioned) Josh Morrow usually steps it up beyond his usual lazy performances so Neil being dull is much more TPTB than Kristoff.

The "Black Cast" problems started with Jack Smith.

Since then it's been all downhill where Y&R has thoroughly emasculated every Black Male they've hired (most to prop a useless Ostrich who ONLY remains on contract cause he's White) & the less said about Scottie Pippen the better.

True.

But given Hope/Faith's end any further pregnancies for Ashley would be overkill.

One word. India.

• Members

FU@K BRAEDEN AND THE HORSE HE RODE IN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think i've ever been so mad at this show in my LIFE! Liz Foster dies, and that SOB gets the final scene of the show????!!!! HOW DARE HE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did have a cry in spite of everything, certainly not with any help from Hasselhoff. Jess and Hauser's performances were stellar... but good GOD, no Nadia's theme? This is just a rushed "Death of the week" storyline. and for them to do this to LIZ makes me hate this show with the fire of thousand suns. And on her very last day on earth, she confesses to LYING about Katherine and Jill. So she ruined her grandson's happiness over that? LIZ FOSTER DOESN'T DO THAT! And she didn't HAVE CANCER BEFORE. The tumor she had in 2001 was benign. Can't anyone on this show have continuity? WHAT A BUNCH OF MORONS!

• Members

Guys, I've been saying this since last year, the only time Maria and her hack writing team bring up "history" or bring back "legacy characters" is when they want to REWRITE history and totally change the personality of the characters. Many of you thought I was crazy for saying this last year, and a year later, the same sh!t is happening. Don't be surprised if there's more to come in the future.

I have no problems with Liz dying per se, but it was done for purely foolish and plot driven reasons. There will be no aftermath and there was hardly any emotional resonance to her return. It's all to sell this pathetic Jill has a sibling on the show story. And we know from the history of this writing team, even that won't be executed well or given proper development and screen time.

This is the way the show is written these days, and the idiots writing team thinks they're doing such a fabulous job, so it won't be changing anytime soon.

Archived