Y&R Discussion Week of June 14

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the thing is.. I cried for 5 mintues! I should have sobbing for HOURS over this. I should have known they'd screw it up, but I held out hope it wouldn't be this bad! And since when does Victor, a NONSMOKER carry around a cigarette lighter in his pocket! to end the show with THAT just makes me ill beyond words. This show is DONE. Can you believe, me, of all people, is saying this?

• Members

I can't believe they're telling the same lame ass stories they told a year ago that got them in such sh!tty territory in the first place. Again, yet another LAME long-lost relative/DNA storyline with this stupid revelation to Jill.

It seems like every 5 months there's one of these DNA or long lost relative stories on this show, and it NEVER goes anywhere. and it always seems to be thrown at the Chancellor family. There was Cane/Phillip, Tucker/Katherine, and now Jill and her new long lost family.

These people CLEARLY don't learn from any of their mistakes. I've just accepted it and Y&R will be going to the grave with sh!tty stories like this. The show has lost its core, sadly, and will never be getting it back.

• Members

Oh, and I guess we can add Liz to the list of characters that were unjustifiably killed off in the name of pushing an unnecessary plot point. What's the death total so far with this regime? They've killed off too many people for being in charge for only two years.

This is lame...

• Members

A total slap in the face to long term fans. Did they think we wouldn't notice, that we don't care or is it that they don' t care? I guess we all know the answer to that.

I wouldn't have minded her death, if it had been done right. It had to happen sometime soon or we would never had gotten an onscreen death, but the buildup just wasn't there. Again.

They need to lay off the f*cking DNA stuff ASAP.

• Members

The show hates Jill and hates its own history so this isn't any different. Hopefully they won't reveal that Liz faked her death as some scheme with Adam.

It's a nasty, ugly, cynical show, with no heart. It's no surprise that they were more interested in their big stud, Victor, who matches the vileness that is today's Y&R.

And yet they are probably patting themselves on the back for how brilliant they are.

• Members

Carl, it makes me want to throw up. I just want to know who the FU@K wrote that twist about Liz saying she was lying before? If they wanted to finally reveal who Jill's birth parents are, Liz could have just said that she hired an investigator and found out. Instead what they did wrecked the honest character of a beloved Matron on her DEATHBED, not to mention COMPLETELY contradicting what was written before with total carelessness... it's obvious Liz was not aware of who Jill's birth parents were, but was also MAD AS HELL when she ALSO thought it was Katherine. Maybe the hacks on this show need to watch THIS and get their fingers out of their asses!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBpAhTJg7OE

• Members

Victor has been vile since he first appeared in GC, I would imagine. He has certainly been vile since I first watched Y&R, c.1990. This is one of the things I find so funny about Y&R criticism in general. Genoa City has never been populated by nice people. It has always been a place that puts the welcome mat out for, and nurtures, psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists, and those with borderline personality disorder.

• Members

I'm a Chilly fan, and I know for a fact that Billy is Billy own worse enemy. Even after MAc and Billy went their own separate ways Billy still didn't make his way back to Chloe.

I hope we not turning out like the Lame fans who can't get over that Cane cause 70% of Lame problems because he's a fraud. But Lame fans still blame Chloe.

• Members

Victor had a conscience and Victor was often balanced by the people around him. He was never allowed to be too arrogant without paying a price. The superstud action hero Victor who is always right and who has relegated Nikki to the role of rarely seen housefrau did not start until recently.

Archived