Y&R Discussion Week of June 14

• Members

FYI. In today's US episode, Jess Walton and Juliana McCarthy have an AWESOME scene. It is crazy how well these two make you believe they were mother and daughter, even though Brenda originated the role. And yes, they are mother and daughter in every way that counts.

Random scene with David Hasslehoff and his RL daughter. Can't believe this was part of his agreement to return for a few episodes. He's very fluid as Snapper though -- it's like he never left.

I am starting to really hate Katherine being so sanctimonious and having to involve herself in every scene involving the Fosters. Go pimp Kevin's ass or something, granny!

Boo hoo, Phyllis complaining about Sharon never backing off "mah husBIND." Oh well. You reap what you sow, Shark Eyes.

International Men of Mystery Victor and Jack Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope not... she's played by his daughter IRL!

I guess it could be worse. Ryan O'Neal hit on his daughter Tatum at Farah Fawcett's funeral -- guess he hadn't seen her in a while.

• Members

Touche.

It's just so stupid to have Mackenzie, Billy, Chance, Esther, Nina & Chloe MIA (not to mention Phillip) while Jill, Katherine & Liz are dealing with something so important.

But Chancellors don't matter. Just Newmans & Baldwin Fishers.

• Members

I didn't mean to be so glib, I guess I'm still annoyed about the years of story with Phillip's return that they threw away in about two weeks. I don't know if anyone still claims that MAB built up the Chancellor family but if they did it's been proven less and less true with each passing month. Something tells me if Hoff had not been on Y&R before and if Katherine wasn't on the show, then this story wouldn't even happen. Either that or they'd just say Jill and Liz were killed in some kind of canoeing accident.

• Members

I get what you are saying, but the idea of having blandtastic Chance, Chloe with her Amande Beall-patented snarky one-liners, Chompers Miller and poor pregnant Mac shoehorning on what should be Jill's moment with her mother... I think it would take away from Jess Walton's airtime. This is her story, not theirs. I love her scenes with McCarthy, the tenderness and intimacy of them.

Nina and Esther, on the other hand? Yes. Even though Nina is not a Foster or a Chancellor by birth, she is "of the same mold" as Jill.

• Members

Totally.

But for all of some viewers going on about Maria "rebuilding" The Chancellors, this was a prime opportunity for them to let those characters actually do some good supporting work while still letting McCarthy, Cooper, Walton, Hauser & Hasselhoff do the heavy lifting.

It would do wonders to humanize Chloe if she were there for her Godmother or have Nina & Mackenzie comfort Jill about

There's actual good in character reasons for those characters to be there instead of them treading water in the horrible stories they're currently in.

• Members

They could have also used this story to bring in some children or grandchildren of Snapper and Greg, to help freshen up what is one of the most horrifically damaged and trite young adult sets on any soap. Instead, MAB or Bloom or whoever just bring in Marcy Rylan to play a 30 year old looking Abby pretending to be an 18 year old.

• Members

Good news: at least they have given Chompers and Vamptoria and their incessant dry-humping a rest this episode.

Bad news: they replaced them with Phyllis bitching about Sharon McBrainless. Because obviously it's not NICK'S fault if he paws at his ex-wife's face.

Sharon holds Faith like Sonny holds a piece of barware just before he smashes it. She's not a vase, Sharon.

• Members

So that's the reason for the Daniel/Abby pairing.

I think she looks her age and then when you add in the attempts to make her seem younger, that ages her a bit more. Then again I still think Billy looks 40 years old, so it's probably just me.

Archived