Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Members

Oh Onyx definetly lives in a penthouse

She also needs to shut Jesse down. If he tried to pull that mess with her that he did with Liza a few weeks ago by sticking his hand in her drink, biting her olive and then throwing it back in there, oh well lets see him pull that same crap with a black woman. Oh its on!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: :lol: This thread...

Farah, see if you can pass this all along for us, please :)

I'd be willing to start a collection to bail Wesley Snipes out so he can come back as Yvonne's boyfriend Mickey, who can be a lover from Onyx's (Onnie to her friends) past and Randi's father.

Onyx has to have a bitchy gay son who wants Frankie for himself. And his name shall be Shadows.

• Members

Did you ever see Soapdish? Like Celeste Talbert, I think Onyx has no less than five large black and white portraits of her in various dramatic poses lining her foyer. :P Onyx's might be in color though.

• Members

Here's how I would write this mother:

Greenlee and Erica decide to launch (under the "Fusion" banner) a new line of cosmetics manufactured specifically for "women of color." To make their launch successful, of course, they need the right spokesperson. Enter Black supermodel Vanya Bryant, played by VR.

Greenlee believes Vanya is exactly the kind of glamorous, well-known celebrity who can appeal to their target demographic, African-American women. However, Erica has heard via her contacts within the modeling industry all about Vanya's eccentricities (chronic tardiness, insolence, unpredictable temper, etc.). To Erica, having her on-board to pitch their latest line would be more of a liability than an asset. Sure enough, when Vanya arrives hours late for the initial get-together with Greenlee, Erica and the rest of Fusion's marketing team, she dismisses the proposed ad campaigns as "garbage," then demands to bring her own team aboard to redesign everything including the shape of the bottles! Erica attempts to put Vanya in her place...

Erica: I was doing modeling shoots at the Met while you were still picking out the gum the other girls at school stuck in your hair.

Vanya: Oh, really? Tell me, was that before, or after, you were accused of murdering your lover?

Erica makes it clear: either work with Fusion on this campaign, or get lost. Vanya refuses; Erica shows her the door. Later, though, Greenlee goes behind Erica's back and basically kowtows to Vanya's demands, much to Erica's consternation.

Meanwhile, as Vanya settles herself in Pine Valley, she crosses paths with some of the town's finest (and not-so-finest). A minor car accident lands her in the E.R. at Pine Valley Hospital, where she meets Frankie. Angie sees Vanya playfully flirting with her son and doesn't like it one bit. Ironically, though, Vanya turns out to have a prior connection with Tad, who is also at the hospital. Years ago, when Tad still believed he was Ted Orsini, Vanya dated the Orsini family's primary legal counsel. Angie attempts to get the goods on Vanya from Tad, but he and Vanya actually got along well back in California, so he cannot say anything malicious about her. (Of course, this doesn't stop Angie from confronting Vanya "down the road" after Vanya and Frankie have spent an intimate evening together. Although Vanya can appreciate Angie's concern for her son's well-being, she also reminds Angie that Frankie "is a grown man who don't need Mama to wipe his nose for him anymore." Furthermore, once Vanya tells Frankie she isn't interested in seeing him anymore because she "doesn't need the extra drama," Frankie confronts a very devastated Angie, telling her he has made up his mind to leave Pine Valley, so he can be his own man without her looking over his shoulder all the time.)

Vanya also crosses paths with two of Erica's exes, Jack and David. When Greenlee senses that Vanya is getting too familiar with one or the other, she finally admits that Erica has been right about her all along. (Greenlee: "Of COURSE, it would take one to know one.") Erica and Greenlee reluctantly form an alliance to get Vanya out of their company and their lives.

Unfortunately, when Vanya's contract appears to be ironclad, the two resort to the next best thing: blackmail. Erica and Greenlee attempt to cull information from Tad; again, though, Tad isn't willing. Kendall, though, has heard about their predicament; and via phone call with her out-of-town daughter, Erica learns Kendall is hiring a private investigator to dig up some dirt on Vanya. The private investigator comes back with Vanya's mother's address. The two recall Vanya mentioning to the press how she was raised in Inglewood, California, by a single mother, who gave up her own career as a nightclub entertainer in order to raise her daughter. At first, the plan is for Greenlee to fly to Inglewood and meet with Vanya's mother, retired nurse Treva. However, at the last minute, there is an emergency involving Mary Smythe, forcing Erica to go in her place. (That's right -- Erica's in the 'hood, y'all, lol!)

In Inglewood, Erica encounters major resistance from Treva (Diahann Carroll?), who lives in a small, two-bedroom house in one of the city's toughest neighborhoods; and who has not seen or heard from Vanya in several years. Although mother and daughter are estranged, however, Treva refuses even to meet with Erica at first. When Erica realizes how hurt Treva is over this estrangement, she manages to get through to her by talking about her own, often stormy relationship with Mona.

Treva opens up to Erica, giving her some details about Vanya's life. Vanya, like Erica, spent most of her childhood fatherless, dreaming of a life that was far better than her meager surroundings. When Vanya was seventeen, Treva says, she dropped out of high school and ran off to Paris, where she began her modeling career. For awhile, Vanya would visit periodically, but whenever she tried to convince Treva to move to a better neighborhood and let her take care of her, Treva would refuse, claiming she wanted no part of her "fast" lifestyle. Eventually, the two had a falling-out, and they stopped speaking.

When Erica inquires about Vanya's father, Treva tells her she doesn't know anything about him: she claims she was raped one night after performing a double set at a jazz club on Central Avenue by someone claiming to be a fan. Because she was Black, she says, no cops would have bothered to arrest her rapist, so she never reported the attack. Treva theorizes that this has a lot to do with why her and Vanya's relationship has always been strained. Again, this hits home for Erica, herself a rape victim. Nevertheless, when Erica cannot tell whether Treva actually knew her rapist, she decides to investigate further. Her investigation leads her to the man who once owned that integrated nightclub, a retired Jewish businessman living in Beverly Hills. There, among his displayed photos is the telltale one, of a young Treva sitting at one of the tables with the owner, his wife, and several of their friends, accompanied by none other than Eric Kane.

Erica confronts Treva with the photo of her and Eric; Treva finally breaks down, admitting that Erica and Vanya are in fact half-sisters. Treva confesses all about her affair with Eric, one of the club's regulars, who was married to Goldie at the time. Eric, in fact, wanted to marry Treva, but Goldie promised a very public, nasty divorce that would torpedo his directing career. At first, Erica doesn't buy that part of the story. However, when Treva produces the inscribed ring that Eric gave to her, she realizes she must be telling the truth. Treva never told Vanya, though, because Goldie had threatened her, plus she knew Vanya would demand to be recognized as his daughter, thereby causing trouble for everyone concerned.

Now that Erica knows all about Vanya's origins, Treva begs her to keep her secret. However, Erica, who has kept more than her share of secrets over the years, cannot promise that. Citing how her own secrets had once threatened to ruin the relationships among her, Kendall and Mona, Erica tells Treva that her daughter has to know the truth - that she was not a product of rape - even if it means exposing yet another of her father's skeletons. Treva finally agrees to accompany Erica back to Pine Valley -- just in time for the big "launch party" for the "Urban Fusion" line at ConFusion....

• Members

Khan, that brought a tear to my eye. I got so excited reading that and I'm just going to pretend that it all really happened. :lol: The moment you mentioned Vanya's (and you just know Greenlee would call her "Uncle Vanya") mom my mind went racing to casting lol, there are shades of Dominique Deveraux to this story so Diahann is perfect (and living at Sierra Towers in L.A. so available ;) ). I had to tell myself to slow down, my eye wanted to jump ahead to see what was next. :D Good job buddy.

• Members

I think it's perfect if the backstory is that the mother wanted her denied daughter to be just as special, just as "precious" as her white sister. Then again, I'm not so sure that Silver was exactly embraced by Eric either, but that's a separate story. :D

I was only about nine or ten watching the Goldie and Silver stuff, I remember they were living on Cobbler Island up in Canada. Was the premise that Eric had lived with them up there for years unbeknownst to Erica and Mona? Eric didn't show up for another year or so after Goldie and Silver were dead. Actually, I don't know if Goldie's dead, she "died" when she fell off that boat only to turn up a little while later pretending to be a ghost (it was bizarre). Don't know what happened after that, if she was killed again and it "took" that time. This is when Charles Keating was on the show, Dr. Lazarre, he was hired by Goldie to hypnotize "Noelle"/Silver to kill Erica, and I don't remember what Goldie's beef with Erica was besides jealousy re: Eric (I guess he really doted on his daughter... from afar)which seems like a really lame reason to want to kill a person. :P

Archived