Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just thinking since Y&R isnt calling, she should go to AMC and lay a rival to Angie. Id love it if she played a Wilhemenia Slater type character. My wish is for her to be a cougar and get into a steamy May/December affair with Frankie, which Angie discovers and disapproves of. Could be fun

• Members

I know Debbi was a fan of Y&R, Peter Bergman once said she was one of the people that got him to consider the offer about taking on the role of Jack Abbott, since she was a fan of the show.

Debbi also appeared on B&B as a lawyer, she would have been great on Y&R during the 90's, but not with what the show has become now...

• Members

I don't want to lose Debbi to Y&R though. Would love it if Rowell came to AMC (not just alone either, maybe as Teddy's wife along with him?), they would HAVE to do her right though, I don't want to see her get the BE/Taylor treatment and be left with a wasted opportunity. AMC is steadily getting back on its feet and if it can secure itself in a few months and come up with something great for Rowell I would be all for it. That would be a huge boon for AMC, having "thee" two biggest black soap stars on one show. I guarantee a lot of people would be flipping the channel that second half hour of Y&R.

• Members

Rowell is also a huge fan/admirer of Susan Lucci and her accomplishments, so I know she'd relish the opportunity to work with her. She'd be good as a dermatologist who developed her own skincare line for women of color and mix it up with Erica, Greenlee, and the rest. VR would school these ladies in showdowns. :P

• Members

I could totally see VR on AMC! I love her! Who is Cassandras birth mom on AMC? I know Angie found her in that Alley and adopted her with Jacob, but I'm not sure who her parents are, was that ever explained at all? I could see VR on AMC, as a recast or a whole new character. I would just love it...I'm glad she hinted that she's talked with AMC and DM about it...that would be amazing if she really came to AMC.

Archived