Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is a WONDERFUL idea given VR's feelings about adoption and foster care. To an extent, it also reminds me of her role as Olivia's mother on The Cosby Show, how she for all intents and purposes abandoned Olivia so she could "find herself."

• Members

The way I envisioned her character is that she IS Randi's birth mother, but wants absolutely nothing to do with her. That would be so different from typical adopted children/mother stories. VR's character doesnt regret giving her up and has no desire to be a mother to some grown child and doesnt feel like she should feel guilty about it

So what do we have so far? VR plays Erica Kane's half (black) sister who comes to town and has a steamy affair with Frankie. She feuds with Angie who disapproves and makes an enemy of Randi. Its revealed that she is her birth mother but rejects her and wants nothing to do with her. Oh and she bought the rights to Enchantment, resurrects it and does battle with Erica in the corporate world.

• Members

Goldie was Silver's mother! But "Onyx" would be hilarious! bwahaha! I was thinking of a character name, and "Veronica Finn" popped into my head, but "Onyx" is so much better! LOL!

I read that SOC article just last night. She said Debbi wanted to do a guest stint a few years ago, but the producers rejected her. Rowell went on to say that many famous (and legendary) black women have wanted to make cameos on Y&R, but they, too, were rejected. She then mocked Y&R for luring the trainwrecks of Sean Young and David Hasselhoff.

She said there’s been “dialogue” between her and AMC.

I would love it if she joined AMC! I never have been a regular Y&R watcher, but have seen clips of her-- and she’s dynamite. SFK, I love your idea of her coming on as the owner of a cosmetics company. How about Fusion explodes somehow (paging JFAP) and Erica decides to reestablish Enchantment. Then Onyx comes to Pine Valley to battle La Kane for beauty care supremacy!!

Archived