ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually think that it is more plausible that Reid has won over more fans since he joined the show like he has on the soaps boards. In any case, I don't believe that for a second that you and other Nuke/Noah fans care about any kind of awkwardness. This is all about hating on the potential Reid/Luke hook up and irrationally taking it out on ESS.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They have ALWAYS grouped people by storyline. Like it or not, Reid is a part of Luke and Noah's storyline for the foreseeable future. They don't force you to talk to or get autographs from everybody at the table. If you just want to Hansis and Silbermann, get Hansis and Silbermann and keep it moving.

• Members

Martha Byrne's last episode on ATWT got a 2.2 2,909,000 while Noelle Beck's first episode got a 2.4 3,227,000. The show did still get over a 2.0 that September when new Lily had that big storyline for 1 or 2 weeks. That main week with Ethan down the hole got a 2.1. The show can still get a 2.0 or over a 2.0 only in the daily's. I just wanted to post this. Right now the show is prolly gonna be stuck with that 1.7 until atleast August. I hope not though.

• Members

I love your banner Ruxton, put me on the Reid and Luke bandwagon as well. I swear right now cancellation maybe the only thing saving Nuke from being well Nuked. I still hope though that ptb will have the balls to write them as endgame as unlikely as that might be. You know they love writing for Reid, and the actor is terrific, I love watching him onscreen. And I am not loving him because hes not Noah who doesn't register on my radar, I love him because he's Reid. Does it help that he's exposed Noah to be the dull bore that he is, probably not. But I'm loving him with Luke and well everyone else.

As for ESS at the luncheon most shows do group actors according to storyline. And there is no excuse for Nuke fans bad behaviour and writing to have him taken from the table ru serious? ESS is not Reid. You have legs, you don't want his autograph, simply keep on walking. But respect the man for doing his job not purposely ignore him because fans are falling for his character to be with Luke including yes many Nuke fans and some who could care less about Nuke.

• Members

I just don't see Goutman going with Luke and Reid at the end. He will end it with Noah and Luke. I will be really surprised if he goes Luke/Reid ending. I like the way Reid fits in with the rest of the cast...Bob, Kim, Katie, Chris, Henry and Dusty. It's interesting how Reid is shown more than Noah is as of late. I am enjoying ESS in the role and I hope he is connected to someone in Oakdale before the show ends.

• Members

I don't want to sound like a JS fangurl...but I think TIIC did him a huge disservice when Noah came to town with no family relation whatsoever, and/or not creating some kind of mentor. They tried a little with Dusty, but with the story bubbles and McCouch's nine month sabbactical, it never quite jelled. Not that he's ever going to be confused with Olivier, but probably 75 percent of his work has been with VH, and having two green actors trying to carry a story by themselves rarely works. Yes, I know...Nuke did/does interact with the vets...but it was few and far between.

The character of Reid is already way more established around town in a few short months than Noah has ever been.

Archived