ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay, catching up on posts...

From Soapcentral:

CZP doesn't seem to be the heavy-drinker type to me. I'm sure it was just a one time mess-up.

As far as "evil characters" go... I can't believe Orlena wasn't mentioned! That woman was EVIL!!!!!!! By definition.

The Nuke/Leid fight is beyond ridiculous. I applaud vocality in today's daytime audience, but trying to "ban/move" an actor from the show's luncheon? That's taking it too far. Also, do they not realize this is probably going to be the last ATWT fan club luncheon.....EVER?!!! C'mon, people, have some class!

In regards to the show......

Anniversary shows were GOLD!!! THIS is the show I fell in love with!!! THESE (plus Emma) are the vets that should be front-runner!!!! Aside from the weird bathroom tryst between Babs & Henry, it was a perfect 2 days. The flashbacks added that extra sprinkle of sugar. I wish Julianne Moore had had more Hughes interaction than the 4 lines they gave her!

Not really a big fan of Reid by himself, but when he's around Luke, he seems more tolerable. And I still can't get over Noah looking at a wall everytime he talks to someone. Blind people CAN turn their heads, ya know?!

Not a big fan of Barbara being with someone like Henry (Where's Walker Daniels when ya need him?) but I like CZP having a storyline, so I can't complain too much, I suppose. I don't understand, though, Vienna's hasty rationale for proposal. Vienna thinks Henry's fallen out of love with her, and they seem to be heading towards a breakup, so yeah...a marriage proposal sounds totally rational! *RME* Vienna said something like... "I won't walk out on you again if we're married". :huh: Yeah, Vienna, because that's such a boyfriend/girlfriend thing to do.

Rocco reminds me of a cross between Rose's father Joe, and Dusty. NuLiberty sucks to high heaven. That stupid knit cap is getting on my nerves. And Janet, as intolerably annoying (and self-centered and clingy and needy and naive) as she is, continues to live in her own fantasy world of butterflies and sweet warm hugs...and continues to annoy the piss out of me.

Lilden drama... Eh, without Martha Byrne in the role, it just doesn't seem right for them to end up together. Any reunion is going to be totally thwarted by Noelle's lack of chemistry with Jon. (I do have to admit, though, that during Lily's heart to heart with Faith outside the cabin, NB showed minor...keyword being "minor"..acting potential. I would loooove for Holden & Molly to end up together, but from the looks of Friday's episode, she's gonna fall right back into Slimy Silas's arms. (Anyone who knows Molly knows that when she says "never gonna happen"...she'll eventually give in). *RME* I sure hope not.... JH & LK have amazing chemistry together.

Craig......eeehhh!! It's only a matter of time before Jack reads him the riot act and Carly gives him a slap that'll be heard for miles!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her choice, or cost cutting measure?

I was never a fan till recently and will be shocked if Goutman wanted this. BTW, where have PEM been? They are two of my favs and nowhere to be seen. In the final months, Emily should get some sort of story. I am so tired of Beck NuLilly! Wish Damien took her to Malta for good!

• Members

In regards to Barbara; who will be the endgame for her? If Hal was still around I might be tempted to say him, but will it be Henry?

I'm not a long time fan or anything, but reading up on the ATWT of the early 80s, would it be satisfying for long time fans if the show brought back Gunnar St. Claire and the pair reunited, since it appeared as if they were quite the couple back then.

• Members

I vote for the actor who played Brian McColl. He and Babs made for a good pair and would be a nice touch on history. The problem for Barbara is that all of her former lovers are dead. She should have had a partner years ago as opposed to being a shrew. I also think it would be great for them to bring back Christian LaBlanc for a few days since both were part of Lisa's orbit.

While they are at it, wish they would dig up a man for Susan. The show has been pretty unfair to her as far as love is concerned. I adore Susan, as well as the rest of the Stewart family, and wish she could find a happy ending.

BTW, why are they adding new characters to a doomed show? This Gab thing; aged Faith; NuChris? I like a lot of this stuff but it makes little sense?

• Members

Within one year, the show dumped like five characters and did too much recasting. I'd guess these were cost cutting measures. Also, this was about the time of the Parker/Libby wedding as well as the silly Zack/Zoe + Luke almost getting hetro raped thing: All bad bad bad writing. It was as if they were trying to kill the show. Shocked how it dropped from 4th place to last within one years time.

The show will not stay down at 1.7--last week was a bad spell for CBS. I expect ATWT to rebound back to 1.8-1.9. The show has already hit rock bottom and 1.9 seems to be the bottom. With that said, this isn't really a bad place to bottom out when you contrast the show against other soap ratings. With the correct writer, ATWT could easily rebound back into the 2's in HH ratings. I still wish CBS could buy the show from PGP. They would take far better care of the show than Goutman and Co.

• Members

It's a shame how bad this show was after Monday. It was so good I put it back on DVR and thought I was going to be my old favorite again. Unfortunatley it's worse than ever. Kriezman's short run has been a mess. I can't believe they STILL haven't dropped these short term stories to start tying things up. It's just like what happened at GL. Everything will be crammed into the last two weeks.

• Members

My guess is Henry. As for Gunnar...I'm sure some longtime fans would appreciate it...but I think it would be way too far back for most. Gunnar was only on for about two years, and it would mess with a lot of history.

• Members

I never really saw Gunnar enough to be invested in his relationship with Barbara. I like her with Henry. The only way I'd really want Gunnar again is if he returns with Brian Bloom as Dusty and we learn that McCouch's Dusty has been an impostor.

I'm still trying to get through some March episodes. One had Natalie and Ethan in them. I keep forgetting just how many kids Lily has. They just pop out of nowhere sometimes.

Faith and her problems tire me. The most interesting thing about her are her drawn-on eyebrows, which make her look like she's going to vent her frustrations by trying out for Cats.

I wish they would bring up some of the issues she might have if she learns about the baby switch and learns she was raised for nearly a year by David Stenbeck.

• Members

Id love to see a Gunnar and Barbara reunion. But really does Goutman even know who Gunnar is?? We are going to get a lame ass Henry and Barbara ending. Yes, Babs and Henry are cute together but not the endgame series finale of the show.

• Members

I see what you're saying but I am still amazed Barbara has had any story at all, much less one that is decently written and is in character for her, generally.

I think my soulmate for Babs will always be Hal.

Archived