ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is tomorrow the BIG day?? I know the wedding anniversary starts tomorrow. Still upset Andy won't be there. I hope they mention at least why he isnt there. I can't believe they didnt ask Scott to return. I guess they didnt want Scott to outshine Liberho.rolleyes.gif

• Members

On the whole, I liked today's eppy. Janet seemed to be more in the background than she's been in months, which would have delighted me anywhich way I got it. Ditto on Reid, who IMO, is okay in smaller doses.

I FLOVED the Kim and Bob stuff. It's way better than either of them propping some lame assed story, like anything WOAK or Alison/random hospital stuff. And I loved the scenes with Barbara, the longest tenured Hughes relation---who else could call the former troublemaker "Boo" and get away with it?

The Carjack scenes had some rough spots (OY VEY...I get that Jack wouldn't see another divorce---one tied to his brother's death so closely--as something to "celebrate", buy DAYUM, why does he have to dwell on it, when everyone else in town gets tidy, emotionless divorces?) but at least today there was movement in their story, with the divorce finalized and Carly catching on to Craig's scheme. At least the ending was GREAT! Cute, sexy and fun covers a lot of horrid plot point storytelling.

I gotta say, I sorta/kinda like Gabriel, if not his hair. Anyone who's okay with Carly is okay with me.

The one surprising moment I had was how chemistry free Danny Cosgrove and Teri Columbino are. I FLOVE DC as Chris/Bill...I haven't quite transitioned to NOT thinking of him as Bill Lewis (trivia, today Bryan Buffinton--the first child to play Little Bill) turns 30! OMG! 30!....but there are no sparks between Chris and Katie.

• Members

Five minutes in and I'm thinking that this may be the #1 best episode of ATWT of at least the last ten years.

And yay, at least they mentioned Andy and gave a reason for why he's not here.

Aaaaaaaaaah flashbacksssss!!!!!!!!!! When you're used to seeing this late 80s stuff on YouTube, it's amazing to see it so pretty and clear on TV. I wish we could get reruns somewhere...

LMAO at Henry wanting to go to the party once he heard that Reid was going to be there.

Every single time I hear "25," I just cringe. I wish they'd just leave numbers out of it, because it's so silly to keep saying 25th anniversary with at least 30-year-old Chris walking around town.

And just like that, Tom and Margo's house is full of legends: Nancy, Bob, Lisa, Barbara, Susan, Tom, Margo, the next generation with Chris, Katie, Casey and Henry, and soon Kim, Allison, and ol' girl will join them. The simple core that ATWT should be all about right now.

• Members

I'm kind of miffed as to why Susan is at Bob and Kim's wedding anniversary celebration, I guess they reconciled their differences at a time when I wasn't watching?

I'm loving the flashbacks as well. IA it's so refreshing to see this stuff crisp and clear on your television screen compared to YouTube.

• Members

Susan and Kim officially reconciled during the 50th anniversary episode. They were all stranded in the woods after the bus they were on broke down, and they were all fearing for their lives, so they talked things through and decided to put it in the past. Silly plot lines for the episode, but it produced some good moments.

• Members

God bless Helen Wagner, her presence on the screen is as strong now as it was nearly 25 years ago. She is truly a legend. If there was at least one negative thing I could point out of ATWT's cancellation it would be the fact that we won't get to see her grace our screens again as Nancy Hughes.

• Members

I love her so much. I hate that the only thing they ever have Nancy do when she appears is talk about how much she loves Chris, which is great, but jeez, it gets a little repetitive.

Speaking of, I was watching the other day and I noticed that Nancy is called "Nancy Hughes" in the credits again.

This invalid marriage thing is so lame, but I'm in for the ride. And LOL at Henry. He's got such a little crush on Reid. Mike would be jealous.

Also, this is kidna funny. Didn't they try to do a big surprise anniversary party for Tom and Margo years ago when they were having a big fight?

• Members

I loved this episode!!!

I liked the lines from Lisa,the glances from Bob and Susan when they had the Bob and Kim flashback. I loved the Bob and Lisa flashback too.

All and all a good show. Wished Scott DeFritas could be there. I hope they mention Penny and Don.I would call my brother if he was celebrating an anniversary and I couldn't be there.

I agree the invalid marriage is a little lame but hey I will look over it just to see the Hughes front and center for a few days!

I wasn't surprised to see that Susan Dansby had written this one. She is good.

Now that JP has found other employment (sorry Llanview) I wish they would find a new home for the show and put Susan on the HW team!

Archived