ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah the Bob and Kim plot is pretty cheesy but hell today's scenes showed both of them especially Kim still has a whole lot of fire left her after mainly playing the role of Mrs. Claus for the most of this past decade. This is nothing close to the fiascoes that occurred in GL's final year and a half.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hays was ON IT all hour. She played lead for the whole episode. When was the last time she played lead? When Kim almost died? And what made it work is that we've been seeing Bob and Kim fairly regularly the last few weeks, so it's not like this focus on them came out of nowhere.

• Members

Just saw Tuesday's episode. I loved how Carly is about to explode with the Janet pimping. That's the Carly I know and love. The rest of the show was rather blah. I liked seeing Molly and Holden but I hate new Faith...same with new Liberho. And who doesnt know that Gabriel is following Craig and is Cabot....sigh......Jean P and her love for Cabot returns.

• Members

Loved the Friday episode with the focus on Bob and Kim and seeing so many vets plus the fact that Carly and Jack were nowhere to be scene. I haven't seen a Hughes centered show in so long and loved seeing the 'former' cast I remember. Especially loved the flash backs. Sort of wish Paul and Emily were there considering Kim is his great aunt but that might have run to much cost. Great seeing World Turns return, as opposed to hide, from it's past for a change. It has been as if Goutman has been ashamed of the history. Was not all that into Kim getting so worked up but it made for a good stalling device on a show that normally moves at warp speed.

Barbara sane and logical was great for a change. Falling for Henry has transformed her back into the Barbara I remember.

Realized today that World Turns sort of became a new show around 1999. All the vets were basically locked in the closet within a about one year's time. There should have been a transition of some sort. Not a huge fan of Y&R but give them credit for phasing in the younger generation while also using vets. A mature Chris and a character like Reid should have been added years ago.

I do have to say that they have Lisa acting rather senile with her out of place comments and over the top sexuality. Lisa has, over the years, been a lot of things but absurd has never been one of them.

Glad to hear Pissy found new work: OLTL is DONE. Ron Caravati is finished 'cause the show doesn't need to HW. I do give her a small amount of credit because she managed to put out a lot of material without a breakdown writer. I get why her work was a bit lackluster considering she did almost everything herself for four years. ABC is probably looking for a work horse. Also, even with flaws, ATWT still managed to out do OLTL in the ratings.

• Members

Aww, I like nuFaith. She's got some fire in her, and I can appreciate that after the dullness that was the old Faith.

And that dude's Cabot!? Thanks for spoiling it for me :P Seriously, though, I had no idea. If I cared enough, I might have realized it, but it's Craig, so I don't care enough haha.

I thought all the Cabot drama was Hogan's doing, though. He was still in charge in '04, right?

• Members

Friday's ep was great. I'm so glad they used those clips. I do find it funny that they focused on the 25th anniversary when Chris is almost 40. LOL. Regardless, I thought they did the Hughes family justice. Looking forward to Monday. Oh, loved Reid's commentary.

• Members

Well I am guessing it is Cabot. Who else could he be?? Remember Jean is predictable and very repetitive in her stories.

I am not saying nuFaith is a good actress but she annoys me to hell...ugh

I caught up to Friday's show. Wed was a snoozefest...Thurs ...loved Babs and Kim scenes as well as Bob and Kim. Loved seeing Reid of course. I have seen the first 5 min of Friday's show and I am loving it so far...wow...Bob and Kim ending a scene followed by the opening...when has that happened???? I bet its been a long time.

• Members

Henry is just a wimpy str8 guy. Just look at the mega-orgasms he gives Vienna and Barbara. We should be calling him Beer Can Coleman. As for Chris, Daytime isn't ready for bi guys and, anyway, guy has been a dog will Em and Ally over the years. I really like the Chris and Katie pairing especially because of her connection to Nancy.

It really sucks that the show is somewhat on track now that the end is near. Why couldn't this have happened last year? The show is totally Hughes/hospital centered now with Reid, Chris, Bob and Allison. The Snyders, aside from Carly, are annoying and have done more damage than good over the past few years.

I would love for Lisa's son, Scott, to return as a doctor 'cause it would add more flavor to the mix. Then, all they would need to do is send away Janet and Dusty and we'd have a great show. Well, a great show till September.

Archived