ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

The sucky thing is that all of the writers from the late 70s and on had numerous possibilities if they wanted to keep the Hughes family at the head of the drama. In the early, early days, Will Hughes's other son, John, was around, and he sort of a shady type, but he cleaned himself up, got married, and settled on the family farm in Ohio. He didn't have any kids that could have popped up years later? Bob's brother Don does have kids, and one of them did show up (Kerr Smith :wub:), but he wasn't around for long, and his only biological child, daughter Christina, has never appeared on the show at all.

And my poor, poor Stewarts :( They deserved better.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It looks like they're gonna fill the entire episode.

I...I'm not used to seeing all of these vets in one episode. My TV may explode.

I wish we'd hear Kim talk more about why she's suddenly questioning the happiness of their marriage and not just the fact that she's questioning the happiness of their marriage. It'll all seem so far-fetched without some back up.

EEEE!! More flashbacks. Come on, ATWT, bring out some 70s [!@#$%^&*]!

• Members

Yes indeed. Scenes long enough for the actors and actresses to really do something with them. DH is doing fine, but KH is rocking the house in a way that she only can.

Oh my, was that a brief Lisa/Bob/Tom moment? Jeez. Be careful, writers, you're making it seem like you know the history of the show and these characters...

• Members

It would be nice if we had some build up to all of this, though, if we'd seen Lisa and Bob getting closer again and Kim and Bob growing apart. All of this just coming out of left field leaves a bad taste, but hell, it's giving Hays, Hastings, and Fulton their most significant material in years, so I'll take it.

• Members

Way out of left field and feels like another writer is doing the show. For any fan who has watched for less than a decade, this would almost be confusing. This is old school World Turns, the former stars, and totally uexpected. I am shocked Goutman is letting this happen. The flashbacks are the best part seeing as they were written by real writers. The current regine should be ashamed of how poor their writing is by contrast. Example: Casy asking Bob about Kim being hot...LOL

• Members

They haven't been a big centerpiece of the show since Marland or possibly the John/Lisa wars in 1995, but up to the late 90s, they had the stories like Kim's heart problems, Emily chasing after Tom and having a child with him, Andy being Hope's father and Kim giving bone marrow, then you had Chris's return and some of the conflicts he caused with Bob and Kim, his bond with Nancy, etc.

I don't think it was until a year or two into Sheffer that they started being put into the deep freeze.

• Members

Oh man, I was just saying to myself how PATHETIC they were making Susan in that scene, then to hear her say that she felt so foolish and that it was all a scheme hatched by Lisa! HAHAHAHA!! Love it. That cleans up the blemish of the WTFery of Lisa and Susan suddenly wanting Bob again. And HW looked like she was having fun in that little bit, too!

This is a classic, no doubt.

Man...going from this incredible, incredible episode, to those previews......it's like pissing on a bed of roses. Not even a Luke/Reid sighting.

Archived