ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, this is going to sound like I am defending drunk driving, however, there for the grace of god go any of us...(unless we never touch a drop.) Can ANY of us say we never got behind the wheel when maybe we shouldn't have? I am sure she does not way too much, and two glasses of wine in an hour can register as drunk, depending on the states designation. Someone can forget to turn on their turn signals and get stopped and then get a DUI.

Hopefully no one was hurt and CZP learns her lesson (IF it is true.)

• Members

I won't defend her---that said, I'm not going to judge CZP for one mistake either.

On to today's eppy...ironically, it was the Babs/Katie confrontation that really stood out today. Katie's a first class snoop/buttinsky/bitch, and I'm glad Babs called her on it. Katie better watch out---Babs could chew her up and spit her out before breakfast.

Luke--YES, it is "buying someone off" if you offer them money "to save Dr. Oliver's career". *eyeroll* I think Lily's children simply can't help themselves from feeling entitled to do whatever they want for whatever BS reason they can come up with.

I HATE that once again, someone's bending over backwards to "protect" Janet. WTF does Dusty think? That Rocco's going to off his own child if she "suspects" something? Dusty don't know a thing about Janet--she's more than happy keeping her mouth shut when it comes to police investigations, at least she did when Brad asked her to. But at least Janet wasn't the entire focus of the Dusty and Jack scenes, which was quite a relief. I FLOVED that Jack wasn't buying Rocco's innocent act.

• Members

ITA. They can just prop him up in the corner of every scene and keep the camera focused on him and his eye-rolling all throughout. He's the best new character in forever.

Henry/Babs and Reid/Luke were today's only interesting parts. Luke is so harpy and annoying when his loins are burning over someone. He's a total push-over, and if Reid was really a devious emeffer, he could work that to his advantage real good. The previews look hilarious. The thought of Luke playing the field right in front of blindNoah is just too much! Can't wait to see it.

• Members

What a difference from Monday's show to today's. We get once again what's wrong with ATWT as of late. Another villian of the month with Janet's you miss you blink father. I can't imagine seeing Douglas Marland writing such crap. The only evil character/parent I can remember is Angel's father. But even that story was entertaining to watch. The Janet/Dusty storyline is just not good at all and it's taking away all the airtime from the vets on ATWT.

• Members

I actually don't like the Rocco story at all. It might have been easier for me to take had they cast a better actor, but this guy comes off like he's phoning it in half of the time. I like Janet--really--but I don't know how I feel about not one, not two, but THREE men running behind her trying to "protect" her. She's pregnant not invalid. -_-

• Members

Well, Lucinda and John had their moments. One of the most evil acts ever committed by Lucinda was leaving Holden in NY, and allowing his family to think he was dead (back when he had half his brain removed..) And besides Henry Lange (James Rebhorn creeps me out to this day, no matter what I see him in, between being Angel's and Beth's fathers...) there was Edwina Walsh, played by the wonderful Rita Lloyd.

Marland's characters simply had more depth to them. I hesitate to criticize the actor, even though his wide-eyed stares unnerve me.

• Members

IA, Marland treated them as "real" people, not simply harbingers to hang plot points on. I'm not sure they believed they were doing "the right thing". Their actions made sense for them though. Nowadays, random villains pop into town to mess with the characters. I suppose some lip service has been paid to Rocco being conflicted between being Ralph's instrument of revenge and getting to know his granddaughter--but it's weak motivation at best. Would a man in the mob truly still be doing Ralph's bidding after he held Teri hostage?

And I forgot Tonio Reyes. Though I'm not sure he was a "great" villain, he was one of the most amoral characters I can remember.

Archived