ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't even really watch most of Reid's stuff with Luke. I prefer him with Katie, Henry, and the Hughes. I would be fine with them moving Reid out of that orbit entirely. If this were QAF and there were some chance of him having some passionate relationship with another man it might be one thing but what is he going to do, jump up and down on a bed? Just keep him in the hospital stories and the rivalry with Chris, and then at the end bring back a gay Andy Dixon or some long lost gay Hughes relative (Ryder?) and they can start dating.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anthony Langford who blogs for AfterElton seems to be a big Reid/Luke fan. I hope he leads the charge against the Nuke fans. I would love it if the Nuke fans got a good beatdown at the ATWT luncheon from the Reid fans. It would be humorous.

Reid is way too good for Luke. Based on the YT clips, Reid is much better with Katie. I'm actually sorry that they made him gay because for once Katie would a man would not put up with her crap. Still, I enjoy the torture of the bitchy crazy ass Nuke fans. The TWOP ones are having a nervous breakdown as more and more posters say that they like Reid. I absolutely love it.

• Members

Oh so that's who Anthony is. I was wondering who he was. My DVR didnt record Thursdays ATWT so I went to cbs.com to watch it and it cut the show midway and saw at another board them mentioning that Anthony had posted it on youtube. So I caught it there. I hope you get your wish Ann.

You know I wouldnt have minded him with katie either because of what you posted above. And LMAO at your Nuke fans going crazy...lol. I hear they(Luke and Reid) are getting some lovin on the soap mags too by fans.

And I agree...Reid is too good for Luke. But Noah is so dull and boring and wishy washy.

• Members

ESS the best find ATWT has had in years, although it helps that the writing for him is decent and he's not just yet another character who only stays around for a few months.

Gays of Our Lives is a great column, Langford covers all the foreign soaps and the US soaps. He really is not a Noah fan, the comments area can be entertaining sometimes for that reason.

• Members

Yes, it's sad he was cast now when the show is ending. The only good thing is that he will be on the show till the end in September. He is the best find ATWT has had in a long time. I agree with you. He is really into the role not like cough...Jake Silbermann..cough...who seems NOT to want to play a gay character.

I need to check out Langfords column.

• Members

There are also lots of Reid/Luke fans on SOC. It is no longer a board for Nuke/Noah fans to dominate.

Anthony is a superstar. I hope he plans to attend the ATWT luncheon and give the Nuke/Noah fans a tongue lashing. He was very on point in his last TWOP post. Check this most recent entry from his Gay of Our Lives blog:

http://www.afterelto...6-10?page=0%2C1

• Members

I don't give Goutman any credit. He should have recast the role of Noah almost immediately when he saw that JS was a sh!tty actor. Instead he let JS with his limited abilities contribute to ruining what should have been a groundbreaking gay romance. Goutman should also be slammed because it is obvious that he going to reunite Noah and Luke in the final episode instead of shipping Noah and Luke off to different continents and leaving Reid as King of the ATWT.

• Members

I just realized...Reid is TOTALLY the character we wanted to see on the show about a year ago. Remember? The rude bastard who's not above poking for fun and fun alone? Reid's a little softer than I'd like (the whole falling for Luke thing, but eh, whatever ticks 'em off), but he's close to exactly what I asked for last year.

• Members

I think Reid was made softer sooner because of the cancellation. I think this story would have dragged out longer had it not been for the cancellation of the show. The Reid and Luke pacing could be slower but it's a better speed than Luke and Noah story ever was.

Archived