ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I love Carly and Jack---my relief was palpable today not having to deal with Janet.

CZP is breaking my heart. You'd think after a gaggle of marriages, lovers, and tawdry liasons, Barbara's latest ill-advised affair wouldn't merit much more than a chuckle, but damn...CZP makes Babs' heartbreak over Henry work.

I wish Katie would STFU. Obviously six months of being unsexed has soured the woman on Love. FCOL, why would she want her friends to enter a marriage with such a huge cloud over their head?

And it's really NO fair of TIIC to dangle the thought of Alison leaving town (to take an administrator job in Chicago) under my nose at this late juncture. The time to have done that was about two years ago.

It struck me---Meg's been in the nut hut longer than most psychopathic villains.

• Members

I've actually been watching this week.

First of all, my favorite moment of the last few days was Carly's eyeroll when Dusty told her he'd asked Jack to look out for Janet. Maura FTW!

And I was so glad Jack stopped when he was about to run after Janet.

The show isn't even being subtle about Meg still being nutty. I hope Emily yanks Meg out of her and Paul's bed by her hair.

• Members

Ruke trumps Nuke all the way from here to Fashions! Loved the scene where Reid wached Nuke through the window at Al's. He looked crushed, heartbroken. Also liked how he talked about doctoring being his entire life. Love how he can go from cold as ice bitch to lonely child in like 10 seconds. Noah is an idiot for dating a new guy and I hope all this gives Luke and Reid a chance to knock boots in Texas.

As an aside, I am pretty sure that the actor who plays Reid is also in the Oscar deli meat ad. I find it sort of funny because Reid loves eating those mega sandwiches over at Katie's.

Babs is really selling the Henry story. Shocked at the way she sobbs. She is a teenager in love!

• Members

Well...I must say I have been pretty annoyed with the show for awhile. Three people I simply can't stand all in one episode! And imagine trying to skip through the BS and a brand new megasized ad pops up everytime. CBS.com is the devil...I'm convinced.

But anyway, what the f**k is up with Katie!? Man, she is like the worst form of busybody nowadays and I hate every moment of it. I want Barbara to smack the crap out of her one of these days. I mean, she's basically sticking her nose in on grown ass people! Shouldn't her hands be tied with raising her infant son, or has it gotten easier these days?

If Katie's blonde bubbly bobble-heading wasn't enough to make me cringe, you guessed it...they go and add the NutMeg. I figured the minute she appeared onscreen she would start doing something crazy and sure enough--she starts doing something crazy. So, basically they're going to show us that this woman is nuts irregardless of her stay at Dearbrook. I guess I'll be cleaning dishes during those scenes. Not only that, but I noticed that Meg seems to suck up every scene she's in and it makes you hate everyone around her. Paul is so stupid when it comes to her, Emily was waaay too passive, all the while Nutmegs gawking around corners ??? I was so irritated.

And the rule of three? Yes...then we have Alison...all up and through the episode, self-deprecating and depressing as usual. She cares way too much about getting everyone's approval. Who cares if the Hughes don't pat her on the back when they walk by or leave their doors wide open for her to come in or better yet bow at her feet? Judging by the skyline outside of Monte Carlo, I am sure Oakdale has many more people than just Casey and his family. They don't like you, you screwed up--deal with it and move on. I'm sick of her selfish, depressing tirades about how much she sucks. Uuumm...we KNOW you do, no need to reiterate it day in and day out. Its not all about Alison. A nice stable job at the hospital working under the great Bob Hughes (who gave her a promotion no less) just isn't enough for her, we all have to like her, think well of her despite her lack of proper judgment, otherwise she's a *stewart*, *clears a room faster than anybody*, or is just plain incapable of love, friendship or lack thereof and we're all gonna hear about it :rolleyes: . Oh but she's talking about leaving town, getting a new job someplace else? "Dorothy, move the coffee table I wanna do a cartwheel..."

As unbelievably irritated as I was through most of this, I just KNEW Reid was going to be on today. When it starts to get a bit dicey, all we need is a drop of Reid! I don't need to go into how great I think Ruke is, but theres some things that trouble me. For one, does anyone notice how...fawning Luke is? He's talking to Reid and I swear he is always like 2 inches away from his face, and he always does that...he even does it to Noah. Is he like blind or desperate? Back up a bit. I mean, I guess I am always wary of people who step inside my imaginary box, but most people give a good distance when they are communicating. Second, I thought it was stupid for Luke to just drop his towel like that with Reid in the room...how cheap was that?? <_<

Everything doesn't need to be so suggestive, especially when trying to have a simple intelligent conversation, and I really think Luke could screw all this up with his constant need to idealize everything. He's just too much sometimes, to the point where often when he's talking I get the sense he just might float right out the door. I guess Reid is the only reason I stick through Luke scenes -_- I guess thats why Reid is so good for him, to bring him down to earth. Imagine, the Pisces having to bring the Taurus down to earth. I thought Noah was stupid for going out on a date, but honestly I could not blame him. I would definitely need a break from the madness, breathing room or something.

• Members

^^^PREACH, ChiTown....my hatred of all things Katie simmered after the end of Jack and Katie, mostly because she was out of Carly's hair and the insipid plotting for Bratie's capers of the week. But the bubblehead is back...and while she's out of her league taking on Barbara---I wish Henry had the balls to stand up to her and tell her off.

As for Meg...as much as I liked the original Meg, and I feel sorry for Marie Wilson, being stuck in the never ending vortex of story suckage---I've given up and decided that Meg's simply been insane all along. Or from the moment she married her sister's rapist all the way through her coming back to town, flucking Dusty her first night back, through marrying Paul, marrying Dusty and blackmailing Damian into flucking her (although, at least the catfighting with Lily was fun on some level.)

I don't understand Alison either. Other than she's got a huge inferiority complex where "the Hughes" are concerned. The "feud" between the Hughes and Stewarts never really involved her---she was always too concerned with getting Kim or Margo's approval anyway.

ETA...about Luke dropping his towel. First, he did it like a three year old..flinging it into the doorway for everyone to see. But anyway...WHO answers their hotel room door (or ANY door) in a towel? (Katie used to do it too, tramp that she is...) It's one thing if your SO had popped out to get some ice and forgot their key. But what kind of tramp opens the door expecting ROOM SERVICE? (Unless that's code for "whore"?)

At least TIIC didn't pull the usual "towels falls off for a meet cute/inspect the goodies" scene. I can't tell you how many times they've used that in the last ten years.

• Members

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w5tCI4hfIGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w5tCI4hfIGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w5tCI4hfIGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Archived