ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

OK...whoa wait, did we seriously just pick up this episode without that Ruke bombshell from yesterday?!?! <_<

Ok then.

Carly needs to chill out, seriously. She really is coming off pretty needy and desperate these days, and this causes her to do some dumb ass things. She keeps it up, and we'll have yet another CarJack breakdown. Parker is one intense dude, to be so young. Liberty really takes him for granted. He's a little nutty sometimes, but he's *consistent* and *loyal*, and thats not always easy to find. The Ciccone family is...um...no. I think her brother even said something about getting the Ciccone looks, or something like that. I was like :blink: Somebody make it stop. I mean, they are really pushing some Janet this week. I hope we get a break from her and her relatives next week.

So...Gabriel Carras...? I think thats what I heard in the previews. I'm confused, we know this person?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least Maura's proven she can act the hell out of anything. I'm offended when huge chunks of the show are driven by actresses who can't act their way out of a paper bag.

Today's Ciccone hour...arguably one of the worst hours of television ever produced---and I'm someone who sat through hours of the fading days of GL...so I know of what I speak. Whatever Goutman's obsession with Julie Pinson is---it ain't pretty.

• Members

I'm clearly in the minority but really liked the Janet funeral episode. I've never been a Janet fan and think she gets way too much airtime; however, the eppy helped to ground her character and I floved the bitch aunt and, in general, the twisted family dynamics. The episode was Marland-like in the sense that it was dealing with family conflict, emotional fallout and conflicted points of view. If the show was not on death row, I'd like to see more of the family, especially the evil Aunt. The poor actor who plays Liberty did miss a few beats. I like her but something is missing. Also, the show looked good: Melrose Park looked nothing like Springfield at the end of GL. As stand alone episodes, ATWT is really good but, as a serial, the show is so messy and just jumps around. We probably won't see Reid again for three more days as Goutman chops around the canvas.

• Members

Rux, the episode wasn't bad; however, it just wasn't ATWT. It had a different feeling, vibe and character line up. What I liked about the show was that it didn't feel fake--the people were mean, frank and real. Lately, ATWT has had no emotional depth and the characters have lacked normal reactions. Example: Luke almost lost Holden, lost Damien, lost Noah but the kid is just fine chillin' with Reid. Normal people as well as soap characters don't get over things this quickly. At least the Janet situations feels real given that the family has been hating for 20 years.

• Members

I guess the problem I have with it is that I sort of doubt that Janet's family has really treated her that awful for all these years. I mean, not only does Jan come across as somewhat of a drama queen, but Teri and Rocco have both let on that the hatchet was buried some time ago.

• Members

Well, what I was trying to say is that Janet didn't get all better within one episode as do the majority of ATWT characters. I gave the Luke example but the same could be said for Lilly and the majority of other characters on the show.

As for Janet, he family was nasty to both her and Libby. Both Eddy and the bitch aunt basically called here a slut like 20 times so it doesn't seem like all has been well. also, none of her family members denied Janet getting booted from the house. I know she is a drama queen but this time it seems for real. Janet actually reminds me of Martha Byrne's Lilly and Pinkson would have been a better recast than Beck. Both Janet and Lilly are brat bitches.

• Members

Oh ok...they were talking like this was something that aired *back in the day.* I just kept scratching my head, looking around soapcentral for past character profiles. Makes sense now thanks! In that case, I don't think I'm feeling it. I hate storylines that only seem to confuse me.

Archived