ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh I know he's supposed to be just saying right now its the other way around. Noah is acting like the buzz kill interrupting or tainting any good Luke and Reid moment. Its like you're just waiting for him to pop out from behind the flower pot saying so what did I miss just when things are getting good with L/R. And he has several times already.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup, Noah is a sore thumb. A mosquito you just want to smack and go away. It would also help if Jake Silbermann could act but he can't. Eric Sheffer Stevens is the superior actor. I'd love to see Reid and Lucinda scenes. I'd love to see Luke introduce Reid as his bf to Lucinda...lol.

• Members

The thing is that Reid wasn't created by Jean Passanate or Christopher Goutman. The person responsible for Reid is David Krietzman. The one thing right he did for ATWT was to bring in the Reid character. I don't think Chris or Jean thought Reid would be so popular.

• Members

I wonder if they actively look at these boards, or how the ratings would be for these Leid shows. I mean, if Reid proves to be popular with the majority they might see what a goldmine they have here. Give Nuke fans what they want--for awhile--but ultimately...

• Members

I don't blame it on Jake. It was the people who were responsible for the suckwad writing (writers, producers, douchebags from CBS, those twats who post on the CBS.com boards, and anyone who caved in to pressure from anyone I've listed) who ruined Noah. Jake was just performing what he was given. Do the words "New Years Eve in Oakdale" mean nothing to anyone?

Mind you, I don't disagree at all that Ruke is to be preferred to Nuke. They can never bring Nuke to the place Ruke occupies because the writing just isn't there for it. Noah has made his choices. To him, I offer Wordsworth's Intimations of Immortality, aka "Splendor in the Grass":

What though the radiance which was once so bright

Be now for ever taken from my sight,

Though nothing can bring back the hour

Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;

We will grieve not, rather find

Strength in what remains behind...

Grieve not, Noah.

• Members

Of course he knows how it ends. This is what he said: No, I think Luke and Noah should be together in the end. I think that it’s kind of like – I would say Romeo and Juliet thing, but then they die in the end. Luke and Noah would not be dead. Like rated G. Romeo and Juliet so that they don’t die and all the kids don’t die.

The interview is found here:http://www.afterelton.com/TV/gayslives/04-27-10?page=0%2C0

• Members

Even with the qualification, Van's comments make no sense, but I'm not surprised, working on a soap tends to cause delusion in the actors. I, however, am rooting for Luke and Noah to have an actual Romeo and Juliet ending. Their funerals can be held the last week before ATWT goes off the air. Reid can then ride off into the sunset with a hottie who does not have the intelligence of a piece of pie.

• Members

This is all true, it does all depend on the writing, but Jake, as an actor, has taken very little steps at imposing some sort of personality on his character. I mean, I know they haven't developed Noah at all, but he could have added some touches to make him more interesting. He has that default demeanor that is just there, then he has the kid-whose-mom-won't-buy-him-a-Hot-Wheel look (which he's been sporting for a while now), and he has the awkward kissing and "romantic" moments, which they don't get much of anyway, but when they do, Jake always looks like he's about to burst into giggles because he has to be intimate with Van. Kid has chemistry with no one on the show, at all. While you can put Reid with most characters and have at least a mildly entertaining scene.

And I don't get the R&J thing at all. I don't see the parallels...

Archived