ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Members

The show is just so choppy. It has been for a long time. The Reid scenes should have been longer. The whole Faith and Linden mess is boring. I dont care about them anymore without Martha in the role. Molly's story with the congressman is boring too. Henry and Vienna are a snoozefest too. I'd rather have As Reid's World Turns.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, how I wish Molly knew Chris was back in town....LK and DC would be smokin' hot.

Can't say I was bored out of my mind the last couple of days...and if it hadn't been Susan Dansby's writing, I probably would have. (Only SD could convince me Katie would offer to set Babs up, or that V would confide in Babs out of the blue like that) But I'm really not interested in ANY of the stories (with the exception of Babs/Henry) that were on. It was like "C" story catch up day the past couple.

Molly would NEVER do a fugly old man with a bad toupee like that. Emma would never go ballistic on Em for calling Eliza "her" daughter. And I seriously don't buy Reid being attracted to Luke.

• Members

I wasn't a fan of that kiss, actually. I thought it was completely and totally awkward the way he hung up the phone and then just went for it. It would have made sense if he hung up the phone, then said all that stuff about being able to continue to practice medicine thanks to Luke's help, and then kissed him. I'll take it, but I just think it could have been a little better paced.

Who goes to a smoky saloon in the middle of the daytime? Is this Gunsmoke?

• Members

I missed the entire episode and thought that the shot of Luke on top of a mechanical bull would make it an instant camp classic, like QAF when they had the annoying Justin character (who reminds me of Luke) win something like the "Stud of whatevergaybartheyalwayswentto," by wearing a cowboy hat tilted on his head and swinging around on a stripper pole.

Now was this a gay bar they were at..(would ATWT admit there were more then three gay people in the world, okay five, cause Otalia are living in the park with all the rest of the homeless GL characters for television enternity) ???

LOL..its an Oakdale tradition...a clip on You Tube (that I think is posted in the tribute thread) had all the "young," 1979 Oakdale residents getting their groove on at the freaky disco, while across town Nancy and Chris are hanging out in their backyard and it is clearly still the afternoon.

• Members

All of the "riding" double entendres they packed into those scenes were hilarious. I didn't know ATWT had it in them to be so raunchy. I'm imaging little old ladies in Illinois whose heads those sly little phrases went completely over. IDK if it was a gay bar, but if it was, I want a spin-off featuring the heavy-set man who rode the bull before Luke got on.

The funny thing about this whole Dallas trip, though, is that it serves a perfect example of the fact that Luke is miserable with Noah. Once upon a time, it wasn't odd to see him having fun, smiling, laughing, etc, but now it's weird because most of the time he's embroiled in some kind of pathetic drama with Noah.

As many times as I've watched the episode, I never made the connection, but that's funny. Not only are Chris and Nancy at home in the afternoon, but Mary's son is playing around outside, too, and I would hope he's not playing in the dark.

• Members

So true, Olivia and boring Nat couldn't kiss, but we could see poor Blake, who was reduced to being the horny widow of the town, and Olivia shop for vibrators (and they even had them act like horn dog Liv didn't know what one was!!) Or they could show boring Coop get a hard on over whatever that girls name was. The sad thing about GL was that if they showed sex at all it was played for frat boy laughs (and I love a good dirty joke) and the audience posting on the boards loved it...the same people who would be railing against Liv being a lez. No wonder the shows are dead, the shows dumbed down and got a dumber audience.

And yes, anything Justin was supposed to be sexy (which was at least once an episode, some man or men couldnt take their eyes off him) was laughable, but the Stud of Wonderdome contest was the best. With the hat titled on his head and his scrawney ass body he looked like some neighbors kid ran out of their house nekkid to get out of having to take a bath! My s/o always wonders why I have QAF on if I "this it is so stupid," clearly the man didn't grow up watching soaps!

• Members

That's the problem with this show for the longest time since Marland past away. Its been As Craig's World Turns a couple of times. Its been As Liberty's World Turns. Its been As Katie's World Turns. And now Its As Janet's World Turns. So why cant it be now As Reid's World Turns?? It has never been truly As The World Turns in a very long time!!

• Members

Has it ever really been anyone else's World than Carly's? I mean really? I acknowledge that I hardly watched the show from 1996 until Van Hansis' first day, but still...really?

I do remember an interview with Marland, in which he talked up the value of writing as many cast members into an episode as possible, even just to sit and do gossip/recap in the Mona Lisa in Act Two. I loved those gossip scenes. They really made the show something unique.

Archived