ATWT: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...I have to say, that preview got me interested in watching next week, just to see that silly lil queen on an mechanical bull, (they still have those things???In a gay bar?????) I still don't get why Reid doesnt use his venom on Luke, and think a Reid/Chris...Reid/Casey thing would be much more interesting.

• Members

I'm a week late but I wanted to say that I finally got a chance to watch the April 5 episode of Bob's and Kim's wedding. I mainly tuned in for Julianne Moore, then was disappointed for the shortness of it and finally loved the poignance of her guest appearance although it was hardly explained who she was after not being on ATWT for 25 years I guess!?

All in all, this episode had great dialogue, was wonderfully filmed, for once totally focussed on the vets which ATWT really has the best but hardly ever utilises them. Loved all those flashbacks of Bob, Kim and Lisa... I also like the Hughes family dynamic and how they incorpated into this more or less stand-alone episode some of the current stories with Henry and Barbara in the bathroom.

IMO; this would have been a perfect ATWT finale and I doubt that the actual ending will come close...

• Members

I know Julianne returned at least once after she left the show...I think she actually returned for Nancy and Mac's wedding, but I can't swear to it. And it was after Kim and Bob got married that her big arc on the show started. It was on Bob and Kim's honeymoon the Sabrina and Doug Cummings stories started.

• Members

Was thinking and realized that ATWT lacks any depth with each story neatly wrapped up within a matter of days. A good example might focus on everything that has happened to Luke over the past year and how there has been no emotional fallout: Holden dead/alive, Noah blind, Damien returns almost kills Meg and goes off to jail; however, everything is bright and sunny in Luke's world as he heads off to Texas. The same lack of emotion has occured with Paul, Janet, Barbara, Carly, Emma and probably a few other characters who I am forgetting.

As the World Turns does okay stand alone episodes but nothing links anything together. Every week contains at least one shock stunt and no one ever grieves. It is as if the residents of Oakdale lack souls. I've noticed all this for a while but it never really bothered me until this week.

Am I alone here?

• Members

You'd think the Ciccones had been a founding family of Oakdale, with all this crap surrounding Rocco's death.

And I can't wait to see Craig get his ass handed to him when his embezzlement comes out.

• Members

I am so bored with the show right now. Janet sucks the life out of everything and so does this drawn out CarJack reunion: Enough is enough and they should just get their 15 minutes of happiness. Barbara, Reid and now Meg on the loose are the only things that keep me watching.

BTW, what happened to Hunter? He went totally MIA and could, at the least, be used to prop up either Ally or Emily. The kid is cute and a fair actor.

• Members

My wife and I adore Evan Alex Cole (Hunter), and am so disappointed that he is not used as frequently as he should. Did anyone notice that even though he is a biological brother of the bride, he was not at Allison's botched-up wedding to Chris?

Last year, he appeared at the Fan Club BEFORE his actual first air date, which was April 30. I told him (being involved in History as i am), that April 30 is the day in which George Washington was inaugurated President - April 30, 1789 and also the day of the Louisiana Purchase.

Last week, at the luncheon, he remembered me, and asked me, 'What happened on this date?' To which I correctly responded "Benjamin Franklin died today, April 17, 1790."

• Members

Ruke were on today, and they were wonderful. Reid finally kissed my boy Luke.

I'm glad they mostly feature Lily and Holden and Molly when Ruke is on, so I (usually) don't have to watch Carly if I watch in real time. Overall, today didn't suck, but tomorrow is going to because [A] if Luke and Reid are going to be making wild, passionate love to each other, they're going to be doing it offscreen and Carly's on. Need I say more?

Archived