Y&R Discussion for the week of March 29th

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Beth Maitland is out-acting Eileen Davidson in their scenes. I may be the only one, but I think ED sucks. I don't feel her heart is into it and you can tell the difference in her performances. I've seen her do good emotional material and this isn't it. The worst part is Ashley and Traci both bonding over their dead children within months of each other. It's sick. The Abbott family is done.

• Members

Wow, Rakesh...totally feel you. The Indian Cab Driver...that's some sh!t. But what do you expect from Maria Bell, whose idea of racial diversity is excusing a black man to the kitchen to make sandwiches. Pathetic.

And the best scenes in this episode are from Ashley and Traci. Eileen and Beth are really selling this crappy material. Their performances were moving.

• Members

I'm going to politely disagree :) but then again I am an ED fan. Eileen Davidson brought me to tears on Friday (and not of disgust -- that was saved for Sharon's eyeroll of incomprehension when Ashley begged for one more night with Faith) and both Maitland and Davidson got to me yesterday. I cannot say enough how much I love Traci and Ash.

It's funny, you guys are saying "the Abbott family is dead" and it's such a shame. I'm sure if we asked MAB and TIIC who constitutes the Abbott family, they would immediately go "Billy. Oh, and Jack." But the heart and soul of the Abbotts, I think, resides amongst its two females. Traci, especially, because she radiates such kindness, warmth and strength. That's a tentpole character right there, Y&R. Is there anyway that she and Steve had a child? Colleen's younger sister? Can't we bring her on board?

Archived