Y&R Discussion for the week of March 29th

• Members

Y&R does not do family anymore. Even the Newmans, who are obviously the show's idea of a big core family, have the most boring and unpleasant and unhealthy relationships on daytime. The Chancellors rarely even have scenes together.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked him when he played Mustapha, Prince Omar's loyal and beautifully-suited right-hand-man on B&B It is embarrassing how many steps backwards these soaps have gone from 1996. Now the actor is reduced to choking back barf as Chloe attempts to jumpstart Operation De-Virginize in the back of his cab.

• Members

10.JPG

Boring? Unpleasant? Unhealthy? I think you are mixing up the Newmans with these dysfunctional Abbotts! Victor Newman is Y&R's signature character! And despite all the DRAMA he brings to the table, he is a WONDERFUL father. His children -- his TRUE children, Nicholas and Victoria -- are sexy, dynamic, bright and irresistible, and that is a great reflection on Victor's parenting skills.

Oh, and Kay Chancellor is Saint of Genoa City. I think you are mixing up the idea of FAMILY as being about blood-ties (thank God Bill Bell never did), when we all know that TRUE family is about the family you choose: in Kay's case, Amber, Kevin, her BFF Gloria and, of course, Flucker.

[/MariaArenaBell]

• Members

Phyllis and Victoria sounded like two teenage girls in the hospital. Especially Phyllis with her "Like OMG you met somebody! and holding (it looked like a ruler) close to her mouth. She sounded like Lily.

Hate that this show is implying that Nick has actually suffered. When it comes to people being hurt he is so far down the list he's practically off it. Victor's "Let's not even go into what you did to Nick." made me want to gag. If Nick has suffered then Morrow hasn't done a good job of showing it.

If someone is to kill Adam; I hope it's Patty. If only she had Mr. Kitty to beat him to death and saw meow every time she hits him.

Adam looked like a stiff when Ashley was trying to choke him. I want Ashley to know what happened to her baby, but at the same time I know where it's going to lead.

I liked the JT/Mac/Reed scenes, even if they were a little corny. I'm going to feel sorry for JT when they take Reed away from him. At least step daddy Billy can come and play pirates with Reed.

• Members

He'll probably use the kid as a ruse so he can screw some of the "yummy mummies" he meets at playgroup.

Remember when Jack told us how Nick had suffered from being torn between Phyllis and Sharon, and how he didn't know how poor Nick got through it all? They see these poor poor long-suffering walking hardons as the only true injured party.

• Members

Hey, I never doubted that JT would lose Reed. Victoria may be a female Newman, but she's going against someone who doesn't rank high on the writers list. It may look bad for Victoria at first, then at the final second she wins. I'm predicting Victor will tell Victoria Brad is Reed's father. Pointless? They could wash their hands of having to deal with a father and Reed can be sorased to Noah's age.

Archived