Y&R Discussion for the week of March 29th

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Phillip, I know you're gay! That's OK. I'm just going to lean against this table...and then..."

"Wait. You want me to put what where in your what?? No! I don't do that. I'm a red-blooded American male! I'm straighter than George Michael!!"

"C'mon, Phillip. Just look at her. Why not give it a try? Or we could just go watch Top Gun again..."

• Members

The spooky thing is that I actually remember that ad in our TV Guide. It looked like the cover of those Sweet Dreams/Sweet Valley High young adult romances I used to devour. I think it prompted me to watch Y&R for the very first time.

OK. That was in 1987. Time to go book my botox appointment.

• Members

Having no experience in motherhood or in switched at birth I have to ask a question. Is it really difficult for a 6 month old to get adjusted to having Shick as parents? I would imagine it would be harder for someone who is older, because I can't see a 6 month old remembering switching parents. This screams like the writers needing an excuse to prolong the Shick vs. Phick wars.

Good thing Chloe didn't marry Chance. Her last two marriages wasn't exactly a fairy tale. At least one female isn't marriage crazy and she seems to have taken the logical way.

If this masquerading as Emily doesn't go as well as she thought, maybe Patty should try to ruin Emily's life as much as possible then switch back.

The Twilight Zone's theme song needs to be playing for every Jack/Pemily scene. Especially when he's realizing that Emily isn't herself.

I can imagine people finding Billy/Victoria hot during the beginning or just sex stage, but when it comes to being in an actual relationship we'll get all the complaints back. "Victoria is sucking the life out of Billy" or "They're wasting Billy on Amelia."

Hopefully Victoria didn't mean Reed when she said she was mentioning 'wasting her life away'.

• Members

People are already saying that.

I think they should have

if they wanted Billy/Newman drama. Billy isn't that hot to me at the best of times and with Victoria, it's like seeing one of those movies where nuclear war survivors get horny because they have nothing left.

• Members

That would just make it more forbidden, like the great writing they gave Rebecca and Justin on Brothers & Sisters.

"She's so hot but she's my sister."

"Well...actually she isn't."

"Oh yeah, I'm so in there!"

Archived