Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For me, everything wrong with RHONY happened in series 7 and that includes Dorinda. In her first season, Dorinda started the whole attack another HW for airtime when she went after Heather for no reason. IT also set a precedent because the show became Bethenny's POV even though she didn't share much of her life. Bethenny's skinny girl pen got more airtime than Heather and Kristin (Kristin who went from sitting next to Andy at the reunion to being a nonentity the next season). After finding seasons five and six a lot of fun, season 7 was torture for me and I didn't watch season 8 except for a few clips. I don't even think I watched the reunion episodes. If I did, I have no memory of them.

• Members

Which is why I liked it in binging. 8 ladies mean a lot of personalities to bounce off of each other. I liked that dynamic.

But I agree with you about Season 3. From what little I've seen of it, it is engrossing. I can't wait for Bravo to do another marathon and I see all of it. Hopefully I am home when they do.

• Members

I have a theory that the key to decoding any Housewives scene is watching who gets to be the talking head commenting on the action. 

Thus, it was surprising to me that Denise, (who has been an obvious pain in the tush for production) got such a favorable edit in Rome.  Sutton and Dorit were chosen as the narrators and they provided the audience with reasonable doubt when it comes to Brandi's allegations.  One could imagine that the fan response would have been very different if Kyle or Teddi's interviews were interspersed in that scene.  Certainly every housewife is interviewed about each scene, however, by only using the Sutton and Dorit footage, it was easier to either sympathize with Denise or vilify Teddi.  

I've read fan theories that RHOBH is focusing on Denise because nothing was going on for the other women.  However, I doubt this because there are hours of footage that go into each week's episode and these story editors could have created drama out of any number of events that went unseen.  We have no idea about the other scenes of Sutton, Rinna, or Garcelle that could have made for an interesting story.  This was chosen because Denise stopped filming and the editors needed to provide context to the story about why that occurred. 

• Members

The Brand/Denise sex story is boring!  I wish they had focused on some real dirt in the other closets.

Denise was right (or Brandi) Teddi is obnoxious and in her fathers shadow. She offers nothing to the show except Kyle can use her to stir drama.

Edited by Chatty Cakes

• Members

Indeed! The show is so juicy that once you get people to sample, they’re hooked. 

I hate these squish credits at the end of Housewives to promote Watch What Happens Live coming next. Very distracting when you’re trying to watch the next episode preview.

We can’t get rid of Charrisse! She keeps coming back. Like termites.

• Members

That episode was well-edited and full of drama. 

That's how you do a premiere episode of a Housewives show. 

I (too) am saddened by the demise of Candiace/Monique; however, it is what it is. 

And I don't believe this newfound "friendship" with Candi and Gizelle. Those 2 hate each other and are only using each other as they have a common enemy--Monique.