Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not to be argumentative but, this is a classic example of people interpreting data without basic statistical knowledge.  Comparing an average rating year to year does not take variability into account, which is the basis for measuring significant change.  For example, Andy Cohen has stated that the ratings for Miami Housewives decreased over the course of the final season.  However, if one was to average the high rating at the beginning of the season with the low rating at the end of the season, that average would not seem very different from the average rating of the season before it.  Which is why variability in statistics has always been a more important determinant than the average.

I get frustrated when fans discuss drops in raw rating numbers because it is reductive in terms of how ratings are used by networks to set fees for advertisers.  Networks have always used ratings to provide a prediction to their advertisers about the ratings for a given show in order to set the fee for commercials.  The ratings are there to prove the accuracy of that prediction.  The audience samples are bias toward those who will buy the advertiser's products and do not include people with digital cable services (like youtube tv), people with certain household demographics, and it does not reflect the proportion of the minority status of the US population.  If they over predict then they have to return part of the fee, and if they under predict then they need to charge more the following season.   Networks would never release their predictions to the public, (because they want more people to watch than they predicted), so there is virtually no person involved in the system that looks at the data in the way it is presented above.      

Again, I hope the reader will excuse my exasperated tone, but ratings are not an indication audience response.  Ratings are reliable and stable so they cannot be used to interpret if the audience likes a certain cast member or storyline.  That data is taken from audience response surveys, not letter writing campaigns, or twitter replies to Andy Cohen. 

So, as a fan base, can we finally stop caring  if an intentionally bias sample of 5% of the audience watches the same show that we like? There are more important things to worry about; like whether Dorit will finish decorating the room at Buca di Beppo on time for Teddi's baby shower.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Duly noted about the data. (I'm still going to stress internally if my RHONY and Potomac don't get a whole lot of ratings love, though. That's just me -- I need mass validation for my exquisite taste in RH franchises).

Re: your last sentence. You shady! 

Please register in order to view this content

rhobh-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-t

Rhobh Real Housewives GIF - Rhobh RealHousewives Dorit - Discover & Share  GIFs

tenor.gif

Edited by Cat

• Members

Can y'all help me understand this? I feel this supports Denise more than it supports Brandi's story that Denise coerced her into staying with her. 

Click the link to see the full text, but Denise gives her the option of paying for a hotel room right next to Patrick Muldoon or staying with her if she wants to save money. From Brandi's response, you can tell her ass ain't got no money because she jumped at the chance to stay with Denise. 

Had she just said they hooked up and kept it moving I may believe her, but this whole thing about Denise pressuring her into staying with her and pressuring her into sex (which is sexual assault) is a bit much to take. Especially with these weak receipts. 

• Members

Yes! She’s saying this vindicates her and proves her story lol. To me, that is Denise giving her the option of saving money. Nowhere is Denise pressuring her to stay with her. The timing is also weird with Denise’s kids and husband staying there. Where were they when this happened? It’s just a weird story. 

ETA:

Brandi released MORE texts and it continues to make Denise look better lol. From what Brandi is saying, the ladies said Denise was talking [!@#$%^&*] about her at BravoCon which is what led to Denise revealing the affair to them. Denise keeps defending herself by saying Brandi will see on camera she isn’t lying. It doesn’t seem like Denise is lying in anyway. 

Edited by Chris B

• Members

THIS.

That doesn't surprise me at all with Below Deck Med...Waiting for my ability to watch cable tv (wifi as the case will be now...landlord drama) again, but I can tell you that this current season has be messy due to the producers' attempt to try not to be dark after the Below Deck Sailing Yacht follies and the toxic masculinity that was in play on the last season of flagship Below Deck by having a season with females in the head departments only for it to bit them due to BLM and one of the cast posting racist tweets. And that is not accounting how interesting but messy that has been WITHOUT knowing spoilers of firings (and even with one of them being a main cast member having drama over whether it was a firing or whether she just quit like what happened to the main character over on flagship Below Deck) and returns coming up. So it has been funny watching its ratings growing, but not surprising. Not enough has been revealed, BUT just enough that people want to see it go down. And this season has been very well paced and I'm not a big fan of Below Deck Med, but darn it if it isn't fun messy. 

+ 1 

As a San Diegan, I totally agree.

• Members

I can't even with Brandi. Like, I kind of want to waste my time reading it, but really she's just a clown who says and does anything for another second of fame that already ran out. 

NYC: At first, I started having flashbacks of The Countess talking to kids about how her family brought over the Statue of Liberty while they all side-eyed her, but Luann actually came off as quite genuine and the support group seemed to embrace her. As someone whose hubby works in the mental health/substance abuse field and deals with women starting over, it's amazing what a trip to a spa can do you for your spirit and self-esteem. Good for Lu for offering that to those women (and a few men, too!) 

Ramona's party was one for the Housewives Hall Of Fame. Though I do think Sonja and Leah were over the top, Sonja's antics were just too damn funny. And I'm sure Ramona's "MAGA crowd" (as Leah rightfully phrased) knows what they're in for when attending a Singer party with the Bravo cameras rolling. 

+1 on the Sonja/Dorinda moment. These two need healing and use alcohol as a crutch but the booze affects them differently. As a viewer, the weekly sloshfests are getting tiresome, so I hope this is a sign of some self-reflection to come. 

• Members

The thing is that OC and Dallas could have modified their filming (i.e. less in person gatherings, more individual vignettes, and maybe a few Zoom happy hours).

I did hear possible new housewife on OC and Gina got into it via wearing a mask..so I'm hoping it was filmed.