Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Both of these are worrying me with regards to RHONY's future. Elyse earned a spot at reunion for that Leah-assisted Insta story alone! And the word 'reckoning'... yikes.

I read that NY's Halloween episode was the lowest rated since S6. I wonder how the Berkshires episodes did? Better, I hope.

Jill Zarin gave an interview last week. First of all, she said that she would not even entertain an offer from Bravo about returning to RHONY which... LMAO. 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't believe that BS for one second. She also said that Bravo would be slashing RHONY salaries because now they cannot travel due to Covid, hence curtailed seasons. THAT I can see being true. It made me concerned for the future of these RH shows. Yes, I know they are extremely problematic, misogynistic and worse. However, in these pandemic times, these shows -- and this thread -- have helped me take my mind off things and represented some much-needed escape from grim news. I am not ready to let them go yet.

I guess RHONY will get some jujjing after this season. I do like Leah as an addition. I feel like Dale Mercer should have replaced Tinsley mid-season. It would have been seamless. Party at Dale's Palm Beach house! And Elyse should have been incorporated better. But I'm not ready to see the existing cast completely decimated. JMO.

As for integrating various series, do they mean like integrating BH with OC? Because that would be a nutty culture clash! I could actually see NY and NJ integrating better (Ramona loves Melissa and snubs Margaret and Dolores on the regular, so the drama is there. Dorinda is also pals with Margaret). It would still be a weird mix, though. How would Teresa fit into a RHONY vibe? LOL.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry, I should have said “racially.” Like how they’ve added Garcelle to BH. Some of the more lily-white casts (basically all of them except ATL and Potomac) could see some new POC cast members. But he sounded noncommittal with the “discussion” language.

• Members

@Cat Yea, he didn’t convince me either, but I hope at least New York has major change. Personally (and I know it won’t happen) I’d keep Leah, Dorinda, Luann and Sonja and bring back Heather and a new black Housewife. I honestly would also give Elyse an Apple, but if she can’t even make a reunion she would never get another shot. Learning more about her, her husband and her lavish life I feel as a true HW she’d have an interesting story. She’s improved so much since she became an official friend and gets screentime. I can’t imagine how well received she’d be if we actually saw her life. In the end though, I expect we will get the same cast and maybe one white newbie. 

Now on the flip side, it’s early to discuss, but I wonder if they’ll ever make changes to Beverly Hills. Last season Lisa Rinna threatened to sue Bravo if they did Vanderpump Dogs. Now that we know they will I wonder if she plans to follow through with that. Plus now she’s bitching nonstop about the reunion, which only tells me she looked terrible at it. Her time is up. She had no story once again, but she feels like a lifer. Same goes for Erika whose story is clearly done. Same goes for Teddi, but she’s Kyle’s best friend so I feel the best we can hope is her as a heavily featured friend. 

I do think this season of Beverly Hills has been good, but they need to look at what worked and continue with the revamp. I’d keep Garcelle, Kyle, Dorit and Denise and bring on a friend of Garcelle and either upgrade Sutton or bring back Camille with a diamond. The only way I would maybe consider keeping Rinna is because it might be interesting to see how she plays without Teddi and Erika and on the outs with Denise and Garcelle. The problem with Rinna is that they likely will keep Erika and Teddi and the alliance will ruin any chance of a refreshed season. 

The one thing Beverly Hills needs to get out of is centered the season around one person for a petty reason. As long as the core of Kyle, Teddi, Rinna and Rrika remains that brand of storytelling will also remain. 

• Members

I was watching season 1 of BH..and while they had the Kyle/Camille beef last the whole.season...it didn't leave me exhausted because of the following:

- saw more day to day with all the women..even going to events on their own without making it a gathering.

-no rehashing of fights in follow up scenes 

-not everyone went to every event

-other events happened (i.e Kim's issues,  taylor's marriage, Adrienne 's odd food preparation skills, Camille/Kelsey's marriage ending, and LVP adventures in LA with Cedric).

I don't know when that changed for BH

• Members

Thank you for clarifying. I totally read 'integrating' as 'consolidating.' IA it is long past due that the franchises mix it up racially and otherwise.

I hope Rinna's fall from grace is televised on BH. She is the ultimate survivor, though, so don't feel too bad for her -- she has a way of bouncing back.

Still, interesting how she has been burning a lot of bridges recently, including QVC. (Not that I blame her if QVC wanted to gag her politics). If she's not happy about LVP getting a Vanderpump Dogs show, then that is just too damn bad. Rinna wanted LVP off RHOBH so that she could rule the roost. The crown is heavy, darling!

Bummed about Elyse -- when are they filming? There may still be time for Bravo to change its mind. Like I said, that Instastory was a game-changer, LOL!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Why are these women so pressed if LVP gets a show on this Peacock platform? Did LVP steal their first borns? Is Rinna claiming she came up with a show called Rinna's Pet Shoppe and LVP stole the idea? Good luck paying those lawyers fees with your dwindling QVC money! Damn, Rinna is having a shitty week.

Edited by Cat

• Members

She said that she feels they all deserve to be paid for the spin off because it wouldn’t happen the season 9 storyline. Personally I disagree because a second spin off was bound to happen after the success Vanderpump Rules. 

Tonight’s episode was the first where I wasn’t sold this season. It felt boring. I did enjoy the Sutton/Garcelle scene. I think they could be a fun pair and I liked that Garcelle got Sutton to loosen up. 

The Brandi stuff is where I was lost. Brandi suddenly claimed that Denise has iced her out, but Brandi made great effort to interact with her at the party and they got along just fine. The scene at Kyle’s was SO staged. Whether they had sex or not we will see, but based on what she said so far I do not believe it. The way she framed it to make herself the victim felt false. 

Also, in Rome how is Teddi mad about what Denise said when she told her that to her face? She acted so shocked! Erika can also go somewhere because everybody has told her that she’s cold. It was amazing to see how positive Garcelle and Denise were going to the airport and everybody else is just miserable. 

• Members

I don't think RHOBH needs to go. I think most of the women do. They are long past their expiration dates, and they are sucking the life out of the show. Erika, Teddi and Rinna have to go for this show to work. I would say Kyle, but I doubt that would ever happen. Garcelle and Sutton bring life to this show, and I was more interested in their scene than anything with the other women. 

• Members

So, my question is, do you all believe Brandi's story? That is the crux of the issue. Is Brandi lying? Or is Denise covering?

Having watched the scene, I was convinced by Brandi's story -- that she is bi, and that Denise and her had a fling -- because, as she put it, Denise and Aaron have an open arrangement where he doesn't mind if she goes with women.

Where Brandi lost me is, as you said, when she tried to paint herself as victim. Suddenly Aaron at all costs must not know? But I thought Brandi said he was cool with Denise having ONS with women? Suddenly Brandi is feeling awful because her dealbreaker is cheating on somebody? Suddenly Denise is holding stuff over her to keep her in check? Surely Brandi has info to hold over Denise!

Brandi also specified explicitly that they had sex. That kind of direct statement made me think, ok, they did. But now with the cease-and-desist, is Brandi backtracking and saying instead they just kissed?

The fact that Kyle and Teddi hosted this at Kyle's house made this seem highly pre-scripted. At the same time, I felt Kim was legit supporting Brandi and really believed her story. I didn't think Kim was being phoney about her reactions to what Brandi was saying.

There is also a nugget of truth in what Brandi is saying about Aaron. That he is controlling and Denise is desperate for him not to know. Aaron is not coming off great this season, and I have to wonder if Denise isn't a little afraid of him.

So basically I don't know what to believe anymore, LOL.

Other things:

-WTF was Kyle's funky chicken dance and Brandi falling down drunk? MESS.

-Brandi has literally morphed into Adrienne in her VTs.

-Another nasty reference about how Denise's kids should be 'used to this' cuz Charlie Sheen is their dad! Please leave children out of this discussion.

-Teddi is a bore desperate to stay in this circle? Erika has an ice-cold heart? Is any of this news to anybody?

-Loved Sutton and Garcelle's chat. Is Sutton going to Rome with the other women?

-Did Dorit and Erika even appear in this episode?

Edited by Cat

• Members

Brandi really tried to play the victim last night. It was awfully convenient how she was so distraught and was trying to keep this a secret yet spilled like water. Ho. Yes you are the other woman bc you knew they were married.  That joke she said to Aaron was passive aggressive AF if her story to the ladies was true.