Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

omg WHAT 

Please register in order to view this content

It's already on YouTube!!!!

Clearly Luann feels he could still get it.

It is horribly toxic, but also very good pace-wise. There were very few filler episodes. Luann made and saved that season, and I really liked Jules. Wish she'd been given another year.

Will never forget Bethenny screaming "YOU [!@#$%^&*] EVERYONE" at Luann in the Berkshires, and we cut to Luann's VT where she coolly says: "As I say in my song Chic C'est La Vie, 'The little things can take you down / So it's best to brush them off.' "  Never change, Lu!

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It’s definitely an entertaining toxicity (which I differentiate from S4, which I just found abrasive), but it’s a very heavy season so far. 

I loved how Luann stood up to Bethenny’s ridiculousness (“I’m SICK of the way that you live!”) in that scene. While Bethenny was raging, Luann seemed so unbothered. 

• Members

Totally agree - it's an entertaining toxicity.  Season 4, especially the reunion, will always go down as the most toxic season of any franchise for me.  Kelly, Cindy and sometime Jill were just SO unlikeable and unbearable, especially in the way they treated and bullied Alex at the reunion. 

• Members

Real Housewives of Cheshire is getting a spin off! Real Housewives of Jersey starts filming next week: https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2020-08-03/jersey-sees-reality-tv-show-the-real-housewives-arrive-on-its-shores

Link says it premieres this year so hopefully it’s decent and helps with our winter HWs drought. I have no knowledge of the location so I just have to hope they picked some place fabulous. 

• Members

Jersey is an island between Britain and France that, although a part of the British Isles, is a British Crown dependency for defence, but has it’s own distinct laws etc. 

It is known as something of a tax haven and doesn’t charge value added taxes on luxury goods. 

I think it’s a great choice for a spinoff. Look forward to it! 

• Members

Cheap right now:

Please register in order to view this content

See below and the link for her original post:

https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/35120-bravos-the-real-housewives-of/?do=findComment&comment=1683386

They keep locking down different towns/regions in the UK because Covid is surging again, as all the pubs have reopened. Also, not many masks around. Anyhoo, we will see how far RH of Jersey gets with filming. Maybe there are being more careful over there -- more retirees.

Edited by Cat

• Members

And there was soooo much bad acting going on during S4. Luann was also horrible at that reunion to be honest.

S5/S6 were better but nothing gelled until S7 when they got rid of Aviva (ugh, intolerable), realized they could no longer marginalize Luann, brought back Bethenny to light a match, and hired Dorinda.

I’ve noticed posts get lost in this thread at times. Maybe because it covers so much ground.

• Members

He could get it from me, too to be honest. Woof!!!

And thank you Re: Season 8. I don't remember there being filler and yes it was well paced.

And then from there, LuAnn went from powersuit to powersuit to powersuit the next few episodes like a Boss Bitca.

That was when I fell in love with her. Unbothered indeed.

Same. I've mentioned things in here and it gets lost for pages and then someone else mentions what I said 3 pages back and it's like 'wait what? that was 3 pages ago. lol.'

• Members

Yeah, LuAnn (of course!!!) and I love the Madonna-from-that-short-film-I-don't-know-the-name-to vibe that Sonja is giving off with that mask and she cut her hair. It is giving me the Bun look she had...hmmm Season 10...reunion which I feel was her best reunion I've seen ever. It was PERFECTION and deliciously mod.

• Members

I had been thinking a lot about seasons five and six of RHONY and I rewatched some of the episodes. It was so entertaining, and there was not the toxic energy of Bethenny 2.0 and Dorinda. Aviva's takedown of Ramona at tea was fantastic. The Heather/Ramona "fight" felt authentic and real since Heather refused to play by Housewives rules. There was a much lighter tone so that even Aviva's ridiculous antics didn't feel as terrible as the fights that happened in seasons seven and on. I also think these two seasons were the time that Sonja could have been stopped from becoming a caricature of herself. Unfortunately, she gave into it in season 7.

RHOP:I think the show is enjoyable, but I have one main problem. It's hard for me to fully get behind the show when there has been no accountability for Michael's actions. I know they need Ashley for the Ashley/Candiace feud, but it's hard for me to get engaged in anything Ashley-related when Michael will still appear on the show.

RHOBH: Just disgusting. Every year, it's the same complaint. Get rid of the mean girls, and every year Bravo brings them back.