Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I am glad NY is done for the season...Dorinda and Bethenny are too toxic for me.  I miss when the show was about their lives..and they didn't have contrived gatherings.   To me, NY is all pretty surface and nothing more.

OC, on the other hand,  has always had the family element...though I wish they cast housewives with teen and young adult kids like in the early years.  And I relate to the whole Maga/anti Maga situation.  It happens in real life and this is a reality show.  I'd rather they share than be like Bethenny and Ramona..who hide most of their lives from the camera.

Still...I like that the housewife shows have their own identity and format so it appeals to different audiences.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is one reason I can't get into RHONY. Dorinda is so damn cruel. There was no reason for that turnip comment, but she loves to twist the knife. Her line of thinking is "Barbara doesn't fit in so it was perfectly right for us to treat her abominably." I wonder if she would tell that to teenagers. Why does she care about Tinsley's money? I think we all know why. They thought Tinsley would be a flash in the pan, but she hasn't been and that irks them. They constantly complain that she's not open, but Bethenny hides a LOT. What do we really know about Dorinda except for Richard and Dorinda? And then Dorinda goes after Luann who can be insufferable, but Dorinda is worse. If you know your friend is going through something (alcohol or manic depression), why are you constantly hounding her? It feels as if she does it for the camera which makes it all the more scummy. 

• Members

Yeah, for the first year or so, I thought that behaviour was a random anomaly. The following year, I liked how Dorinda strongly defended Luann and Jules against a truly feral Bethenny and Carole. It wasnt until seasons 9 and 10, when Dorinda targeted Sonja (whom she considered a weak link) that the pattern started manifesting itself. And... I wanted to keep liking Dorinda because she had been such a great addition to RHONY, insightful and accepting of a lot of the women's little foibles. In more recent years, she seems to have become meaner and more bitter. Like, the way she treats John Mahdessian, saying she is only with him for the free dry- cleaning. She seems ashamed of him in every way, especially vis a vis Bethenny. That is shocking to me. John has lived a fascinating life, growing up in Queens of Armenian descent, and building up the family's Upper East Side business into a fashion world institution which employs some highly talented craftspeople. He mixes with highbrow celebs and the boys from the old neighborhood. I think he'd be fascinating to talk to!

If I were John, I would feel like I could do better. Heck, you know Ramona, Luann and Sonja are going to run out of balding, boring Manhattan dudes and jump on that peen eventually.

Yeah, the sudden takedown of Tinsley in the final episode was so random and  out of the blue! It was clearly a BTS manoeuvre by most of the women to edge her off the show. I assume Ramona did it because she felt she would be shown the door next and this is a good deflection. Bethenny hates anyone younger or prettier than her so... Sonja has a true love-hate relationship with Tinsley. What was Dorinda's reason for going rabid-dog on her, though? That I cannot figure out.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Once again, Gizelle confirms what I've been believing--she has loyalty to no one. 

The fact that Robyn forewarned her to not start drama at her event and then proceeded to do so was so telling. 

It wouldn't've killed Gizelle to have been cordial with Monique for one night. Like seriously. 

I did enjoy Monique gathering Candaice and Gizelle in that moment. 

Also, does Candaice forget that she snitched on Monique to Gizelle? I'd be showing texts in the future in regards to her too. Kudos to Monique for admitting the truth. 

I am so ready for Gizelle v. Karen again next week. Karen (besides Monique) is the one person that knows how to gather Gizelle accordingly in get her in line. 

• Members

Re: RHONY.  I've always enjoyed Dorinda until her fourth season (S10). Up until she got ugly with LuAnn, she was always a breath of fresh air. I don't really remember the Heather saga of Season 7 other than when Dorinda got drunk on vacation and started slurring her words at the dinner table and then had that "I wanna go home" meltdown.  

This season with Dorinda & Luann, they both had their right and wrong moments, but the only time Dorinda looked really bad in my eyes was coming after Tinsley and her source of income for no reason. 

• Members

RHOP:

I'm tired of everyone (but Karen) thinking they owe Jiz or Ashley an explanation, especially Ashley when she was a whole ass mess with other people's business.  

Katie in the preview looks awful!  Ash may have been hard on her but she doesn't need to be on a reality show.  Katie needs help.  

Can't wait for Karen to rip out Jiz's jugular next week.  Super happy Monique is not taking the crap anymore.  

• Members

This season Karen has been on the periphery as far as all the juicy stuff that's going on. But all is forgiven with that sneak peek of next week! Gazelle (typo, and it stays) is all "I'm gonna be the Caribbean Queen," and Karen:  --SIDE-EYE-- "Mmmmm hmmmmm." 

Please register in order to view this content

God, I've been waiting for this Karen to appear all season!

I dont like that clip of Ashley tearing Katie apart for sport. It reminded me a little of that 'GO TO SLEEP!!' moment on RHONY with Kelly Bensimon.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Potomac 

Were we supposed to feel bad for Ashley, because I didn’t and don’t. You’ve never spoken to this man and you show up with a camera. What were you expecting?

Gizelle is an awful person. I literally can’t stand that woman. Why can’t she just go away

Please register in order to view this content

. She totally fucked up Robyn’s open house and it looks like she doesn’t care when Robyn brings it up.

I’m so ready for Karen to go off on her again. 

I don’t think Candiace has ever acknowledged that she went and snitched to Gizelle as a reason Monique might not f.uck with her anymore.

• Members

So this episode proved Vicki absolutely did not need to be demoted. I was once again bored until she showed up.

I wish reality stars would stop with the cringey lovey dovey scenes. They’re always awful.

I think it’s funny that Kelly believes people only started talkin [!@#$%^&*] about her online once Vicki said she did coke.