GH: MICHAEL RECAST

• Members

I don't know what his issues/problems are, and I don't want to go all Nelson Branco. But he did seem to get along well with his co-stars, at least both Laura Wright and Steve Burton sent out Tweets about how surprised they were about his firing and how well they got on.

BTW, how soon before Nelson prints some horrid gossip about why Drew was fired and how ABC and GH are in the right?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no idea how old this guy is, but he has done two Disney movies as far as I can tell. Has he done anything else and sucked? I though that MM was mediocre on VM and yet some people love him on Y&R. William Russ is far better actor than almost everyone on Y&R and I saw people complaining and celebrating when Stephen Nichols was cast in the role of Tucker. These things are hard to predict.

I think something happened behind the scenes. I don't buy that Guza's hand was forced in anyway because that kind of thing rarely happens on GH. I think that Jennifer Bransford/Carly situation was the last time.

There have been rumors about DG having issues so no need for Branco or ABC on that one.

• Members

Ah, yes. Tammin Sursok's Alleged Sony Benefactor! Maybe there is an Alleged Disney Benefactor on the prowl? Or has Frons already cornered that market?

I still think this is an eleventh hour casting. And by "eleventh hour," I don't mean that at 10am yesterday, Drew Garrett went into work, threw a hair straightener at one of the make-up staff, was fired by JFP who at 11am put in a call to a bunch of casting agents. I'm thinking there was an incident or maybe somebody more established in the cast made a complaint a few weeks ago, which got Garrett placed on some sort of probation. Between then and yesterday, Teschner called in a few potential emergency recasts. But the long-term plan until then had been to keep Garrett.

• Members

I haven't seen ABC show those colors in this situation as yet. ABC's PR was very professional. ABC didn't send out its favorite hatchet man, Michael Logan to do the usually dirt work. For now, ABC's hands are clean as far as I can tell.

• Members

That's true. Their initial statement was brisk and to the point -- and gave absolutely nothing away.

How very unlike OLTL where both Brett Claywell and Scott Evans had their professional reputations besmirched in one wink-wink guess-which-one-is-the-druggie leak.

• Members

Don't forget the PR statement where ABC lied to cover that they had fired Greg Vaughan to hire Jonathan Jackson. It was followed soon after by the Michael Logan pack of lies article. We'll know it when ABC goes after DG.

• Members

Somebody at DC pointed out that it has been a year since Drew Garrett started at GH (April 2009). This could actually be a contract dispute and that's it. DG signed a one-year contract, wanted more money. GH said no. And off he went.

• Members

Networks don't start contract negotiations a month before they expire. It is not good business practice. Contract negotiations start several months before the contract ends so that financial considerations can be determined and stories can be put in place or wrapped.

Archived