GH: MICHAEL RECAST

• Members

You act like this guy is Lizzie McGuire or Hannah Montana. For all we know, Duell may have had connections within ABC, may have even met Brian Frons or someone even higher up. Frons, seeing the kids potential and knowing his penchant for looks over talent, may have decided to force a new direction and a new actor onto the Michael character, despite Guza and the cast's protesting.

Well for God's sake, they have the poor kid locked on an island, on one set. They may have taped multiple scenes in advance for Drew to blindside him and ease the transition, literally isolating him from the fallout of this story for a justifiable but lame reason(Michael's gonna tell!).

Regardless of if Drew was a problem on the set, they definitely had this planned for awhile. They removed the most exciting part of the equation from the trial(the actual killer) and locked him up on an island with little dramatic material.

A downgrade? :blink: You mean in terms of artistic value?!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Disney has owned ABC for 15 years and they've never tried to force any of their teen names onto ABC soaps to replace popular actors or to fill major roles. Frons hasn't done that either, to my memory. I guess it could have started now but I wonder if it's more about wanting to take Michael in a direction beyond a sociopathic, woman-hating little thug. Garrett may be a good actor, I don't know, but he may have also been too identified in the network or production's eyes with the uglier side of Michael. I guess we'll see if the writing for Michael changes with the recast.

• Members
How incredibly closedminded and shortsighted. But then again, I should have expected that.

I hadn't even heard of this f*cking kid before he was mentioned as a recast for Michael. Nor have I really heard of this show.

And I doubt this kid commands a high salary, given that he's not a "name" actor anyway. It's not like the average American is gonna stop him on the street and go, "Oh wow. You're that twink from the Wizards of Waverly Place." :rolleyes:

The guy probably has a really good agent and more than likely damn good connections he made within ABC/Disney and begged for a job.

Ugh, F*CK THIS SHOW!

I loved Glass Closet Morgan! :mad::mad::mad: So much potential there!

They're slowly dismantling everything I like about this show.

• Members

Im sorry, but exactly what artistic value does GH hold? Current day modern GH?

And really? Personal backhanded put downs? I expected more.

I didnt claim he was famous and well known or commands a high salary, just that i highly doubt GH fired him because Frons forced them to hire this kid that was on two episodes each of two hit disney chan shows.

I think this kid deserves a chance. He is not to blame for DG being fired. He shouldnt be judged because he was some kid sitcom either. Mark Hapka came from Hannah Montana and he has done great on days as Nathan.

Archived