GH: MICHAEL RECAST

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something most definitely happened. Guza clearly loved the character and the actor's angry out outbursts. Michael is Guza's version of a post-accident Jason, angry and lashing out. Michael got tons of unnecessary airtime and story focus. No way is this willing recast. Anyone expecting Michael's character to change is sure to be disappointed.

• Members

Damn this blows. Granted I wanna smack the hell outta Micheal most days but I think DG was great in the role. In fact he's the only reason I came to stomach Micheal cuz the red headed Chuckie doll before him made me hate the character always.

And I found a clip of the recast...FAIL! That voice :blink: I certainly can't buy him as baby gangster wannabe Micheal Corinthos, baggage and issues in tow. WTF happened over the weekend? :(

• Members

This young man may be capable of doing lots more than he has been stereotyped to do in a couple Disney movies. Christian Bale, Jodie Foster, and Kurt Russell were Disney kid stars. We won't know until he settles into the role. Btw, where very well may have been a very good reason to fire Drew Garret.

• Members

This doesn't strike me as 11th hour for some reason. They've got Michael locked up on an island for the duration of the trial. I assume nuMichael is introduced ON the island(to make the transition easier) and then bursts into the courtroom in the middle of May Sweeps to save mobster daddy dearest. I feel like it was all planned.

DAYS or B&B will snap him up. All they know how to do is hire other show's leftovers. And Y&R too. Maybe they want to rapidly age Reed. :unsure:

• Members

Weren't they all much younger than this recast is? How old is this Michael recast? He looks early 20's.

Unless something serious went down behind the scenes that we don't know about, I just don't see why they've waited a year to recast, especially after giving Garrett the frontburner treatment for so long.

Unless, this is a Tammin Sursok/Adrienne Leon situation and Disney somehow forced this recast on GH, like Sony [Kathy Griffin]allegedly[/Kathy Griffin] did with Sursok on Y&R.

Archived