GH: MICHAEL RECAST

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't find the GH newbies ugly. They are different than the newcomers of the type you find on OLTL playing Ford or playing Scott on AMC, but I find something very charming and sexy about Nathan Parsons with his physical grace and his lack of soap opera hair and all that. He is never going to be confused with Greg Vaughan or the guy who plays Brody on OLTL, but I find him far more sexy than say the kid who plays Will on DOOL. (and I have no idea how old that guy is, just saying he seems sexless)

DZ has a good body I guess, and he is sort of handsome too, but he is also different. Scott Reeves is ridiculously handsome I think, always was, and it is like he could have starred in movies of the 1950s with his unrealistic Hollywood look. I am gonna miss Drew Garret because I thought he was good. He also had great eyes I think. His face seems more interesting than the new guy, anyway.

• Members

I liked DG, thought he was great as Michael. Michael is supposed to be crazy and have mad issues, is parents are Carly and AJ, and he was raised by Sonny and Jason.

I just Youtubed CD, and he is a good looking dude :) I hope he can act.

There is a funny Youtube Vid with him and this guy who hand farts :lol:

• Members

+1

Drew Garrett was really great, and he and Sarah Brown singlehandedly saved that horrible Michael kills Claudia plot point towards the end. Everyone had seemingly given up, but Drew really stepped up and proved himself during that time.

Not to mention, the boy could cry on cue, and it never felt fake to me! I thought he was a true find.

Like bellcurve said, I hope he gets that Daytime Emmy in a few months, because out of all the younger actors on daytime last year (though there weren't many), he more than proved his talent.

• Members

Shocked that GH fired Drew Garrett, since he was obviously a GH golden boy, due to his all of his airtime. Garrett must've really done something bad. Duell, the new Michael looks like a good re-cast to me. We'll see on 4-20. Hopefully GH will put in Duell's pic on that date, and add Scott Reeves(Steven)and Brianna Brown(Lisa).

• Members

I just wonder why they wanted to recast this part. Garrett wasn't a bad actor, he had a fan following, and he's carried storyline for a year already.

I'm guessing Guza totally wants to reinvent the character or something. Sucks because Garrett was such a solid younger actor. Though, if Guza's recent history is any indication, this reinvention shouldn't be anything to look forward to.

• Members

DAYS would probably never go the gay route, but I can definitely see Garret playing Sami's son should they want to make him into a male equivalent of what Sami was in her teens. Hell, he'd even be good for the current incarnation of the character.

Hopefully, Drew Garrett can land another role soon. Though, I'm afraid he won't, since he has such a unconventional "look" and isn't the typical soap or primetime heartthrob. He has a very realistic look, which went well with his acting.

This recast just makes no sense to me.

• Members

I think Michael was exactly what Guza wanted. I wonder if this was an intervention from on high. I don't buy that Guza wanted any Quartermaines brought in, or any black people. If Frons wanted some of that, then he may want a less edgy Michael, and this was his way of making that happen.

• Members

Garrett looked like a mini Steve Burton. I doubt Guza would have wanted to get rid of his man-crush's mini-me.

I don't think Guza wants to reinvent anything. Michael has always bee seen as the "troubled child" ever since the days of the Damian lookalike -- partly because of the way Sonny and Carly raised him and partly because he is the spawn of "evil seed" AJ. And Drew Garrett played him perfectly the way Guza wanted. Everything about him was spot on, including the physicality. In fact, I'll give it to Mark Teschner and GH: ALL the kids (Kristina, Michael, Morgan and Molly) have been stellar castings.

Something must have happened behind the scenes. This strikes me as an eleventh-hour recast.

Archived