Y&R: Stepford Nikki/ missing the real MTS

• Members

Watched Y&R last week and noticed Nikki has become Victor's Stepford Wife. MTS is almost never on canvus and, when she is, Nikki reminds me of a background prop. Even her wardrobe is off/bad. As recently as one year ago, MTS was the female star of Y&R. Now, Nikki just stand there as a bland matron. She is almost the same age as Ashley but comes off as a decade older. I get that she has gained some weight and that the new hair color is wrong but, still, it seems like TPTB are trying to destroy the character. Also, MTS looks depressed as [!@#$%^&*] in all of her scenes. Amazing that Nikki was once married to Brad because, these days, she could play his mother. I feel like the stylists at Y&R as doing all this on purpose with the bad clothes and makeup. the Nikki Reid I knew is totally gone. I want her back!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What has Y&R done to Nikki?

Oh just the same thing they've done to Jill, Paul, Kay, Jack, Sharon, Phyllis, Nick, Neil, Olivia, Victor, Ashley, Tracey and anyone else whose been on the show for more than 5 years...they've changed their characters, made them irrelevant or hated or both.

• Members

Some people want to blame it on MTS's new contract or Sony or CBS, but the fact of the matter is, Nikki was being phased out months before MTS signed a new contract. Remember how her "romance" with Paul took place off-screen 90% of the time? Remember how she was missing from key moments of the Katherine/Marge storyline and the part she should have had in it went to Amber?

This horrible writing team at Y&R and their stupid agendas. These people don't understand the show and its characters, yet they think they're writing the best show ever.

• Members

MTS was phased out even before that.

Her stint as CEO of Jabot was a joke, her relationship with David was horribly underwritten, she has almost no role in her children lives & that's not even touching her abusive relationship with Grambo.

• Members

Yeah, things are not looking good for Nikki, I think this is all we are going to get. If you can have an actress like Melody so backburnered, it's not a good place to be. And even sadder is the fact that you really don't see a lot of people realizing that she is even missing. :(:(:(

• Members

I love nikki and MTS but what these hacks have done to nikki is really pissing me off. the writers completely hate nikki and don't even hide it anymore. I remember when MTS was going throught her contract issues last year and MAB can out and said that they would always be a place of nikki on the show and that nikki was really important to the show. and then she see how much the writers hate nikki and ignore her. MAB is a huge liar.

Fans are wondering where nikki is there is always threads popping up on message board but as soon as they see her with victor fans they start to complain about her being a idiot. the writers know exactly what they are doing.

Since MAB took over the show with her vision she has went out of her way to degrade and trash nikki. it is true even before her contract issues her relationship with paul was so backburned you couldn't even tell if they were a couple even throught alot of fans wanted nikki with paul. nikki was replaced with amber in the kay storyline which made no sense another than the fact that MAB love amber.

nikki does look depressed and medicated in her scenes truthfully she looks like crap. nikki being back with victor has alot of fans angry. nobody wants to watch a abusive man and her stepford wife as a couple. just look at the poll CBS did on the reunion of nikki and victor 1420 fans voted and the results were 61% aganist 38%for and 1% don't care. the audience has changed from from 30 years ago. fans are not going to support this kind of abusive relationship.

the only reason i think nikki was take back was that the writers needed a character to prop victor and show that if nikki can forgive all the abuse and hateful things he does to her then the audience will do the same thhing. the problem is fans still hate victor and now hate nikki for being a idiot.

• Members

And you can bet that these woman-haters will blame Nikki for that, not Victor.

Nikki was marginalized even before Sheffer and Rauch showed up but you could truly see the contempt towards her when they had her rolling around on the beach drunk and wanting to die. It was just vile. These people are so proud of their hostility towards women.

• Members

of course victor with not get blamed he is god to these writers, they see nothing wrong with a man abusing a woman they think it is what the audience want to see.

the beach scene was one of the most degrading and disgusting things i have ever seen done to a female character on the show and MTS sold it she always does back since her return you can see that she is not happy something is off

just look at the adam baby storyline every abbott and newman is involved accept for nikki

i am now just counting the days to when it is released that MTS has left the show because with all these recasts coming in someone is going to be let go and i think it is going to be MTS.

• Members

That one of the only skills of the losers at Y&R now is they know how to phase once-important characters to the fringes of the storyline. The problem is they suck at bringing in new characters, so they are left with nothing. Never have I seen so many flops and disastrous intros of new characters as I have with these so called visionaries.

• Members

Well, I agree with that, but it is not what I meant.

That statement about people not caring is kind of contradictory. If they don't care, then who the h*ll cares about Nikki? Why don't they just dump her?

Some obviously care, since there's this thread. Or... Given how many replies it has, maybe no one cares and Maria & Co. are doing with Nikki what writers should've done ages ago.

Confusing. :)

Archived