Y&R: Stepford Nikki/ missing the real MTS

• Members

It's also a matter of people seeking justice / "justice" in the world: people want everything to be fair on this planet and thus behind the scenes of The Young and the Restless, but then Oh, I'll make an exception for Melody Thomas — I know she's a venomous queen-in-charge behind the scenes, but I couldn't give a [!@#$%^&*] if she treats people like [!@#$%^&*] as long as she's on my TV screen.

:)

That's a nice paradox.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is nothing new Nikki's been on a downhill slide for years, since 2004 I'd say. That she has become Victor's very dutiful wife after two decades of tears and fights is just plain wrong. I can see the two of them living with regrets, still having feelings for each other, but the writing be it Alden, Smith, Latham, Griffin and MAB/Sheffer/Hamner of the last decade has completely devalued Victor and Nikki period.

It would have been a lot nicer if they just Victor support Nikki's run for Senate as originally planned rather than set Jack up in a plot that went nowhere.

• Members

Indeed. I'm no fan but it is obvious that Sony grdugingly gave MTS a new contract but at the same insisted to keep her marginally used with probably even the intent to drive her off...

Jess Walton's screentime might have diminished but she is at least allowed to play her part: MTS's Nikki is nothing more but a sound board anymore...

• Members

Well neslon branco is reporting that the reason that nikki isn't been featured on the show is because MTS has been dropped to resurring.

Knew there was a reason to why the hacks have been backburning her since last year, and have been trashing and degrading her and made her into the prefect stepford wife for the abusivve victor

what i don't get is that the show is always complaining they have no money but have hired in the last couple of months dasiy numalcolm nutucker nuabbey and nuheather who have all been put on contract.

• Members

I wonder about this. As of today, she is still listed as a contract player on the credits. If she was recurring her name would be at the end of the credits if she was going to be on that week and not in the credits if she was not on. That is how it works for Tracey Bregman and they change these weekly unlike the opening credits.

I also read she is going to Australia to promote the show very soon.

Archived