Y&R: Stepford Nikki/ missing the real MTS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

truthfully i woud love for a new head writer to come in and break up the abusive relationship for once and for all. but seeing that isn't going to happen i would rather MTS actually leave the show completely than watched nikki trashed over and over again.

• Members

What were LML's plans for Nikki and David before she was fired? David was such a mess of a character from the start.

I'm not going to wish for Nikki to go because I feel like that's what the show wants. Who cares about these old faces of the past. Let's pop our corks with Daisy or swoon over dead-eyed Ryder or marvel at Riri and her brilliant acquisition of Nancy St. Alban as the new Faith.

• Members

Nikki and Paul's relationship reminded me of something of the likes of David Grant & Vicky Spaulding on Guiding Light from ten years ago. Don't remember David & Vicky? They were "the black couple." Nikki & Paul were treated like "the black couple," where they don't invest any real time into the relationship, but they're around simply so the show can say they have a black couple, or in Y&R's case, they can say they're using MTS and Doug Davidson.

How very Paul Rauch-y.

• Members

I've always seen Nikki as the star of Y&R much in the same manner as Brook on B&B and Carly on ATWT. I'm shocked as to how no one seems to care of even miss her. I see TPTB trying to push Sharron as the new Nikki and it just comes off as lame.

I know MTS has health issues but certainly the show runners could work around it. I must say the new hair color is so so so bad.

BTW, at this point, I miss Latham. The show wasn't perfect, felt like Knots Landing, but the pacing was good and the show wasn't so next-generation focused. I am so over Billy, Cane, Lilly and fakeVictoria.

• Members

I'll say this about Latham, at least she freely admitted the show she was writing wasn't Y&R and that she tried to change the tone and focus of the show.

But with Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and Paul Rauch, they act as if they're writing classic Y&R and bringing the show closer to its roots, while in reality, they're not and constantly make a mockery of it with their wannabe hyper-sensationalistic plots that look very weak and suffer from shoddy execution and development. Not to mention how they suck at developing characters, something Y&R used to excel at years ago.

I'd rather be fed the truth than an outright lie or someone who is living in denial about the work they produce.

• Members

Last year, during the contract drama, Y&R wanted Melody to go on recurring. That speaks volumes about how they intended to feature Nikki. Now, Melody got her contract, but she's essentially being used the way TPTB want to use her.

Here's this for an idea: Why not have Nikki play a role in Paul and Nina's relationship? She could be slightly jealous and bitter towards Nina and overprotective of Paul. That would move her away from the Newman black hole.

Archived