OLTL: Discussion for the week March 1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was part of its charm! :)

Does Andrew live in Llanview off-screen? Can't he and Cassie reunite and live in La Boulaiu and just pop up every now and then like Addie if they don't want to use them as frequently as other recurring characters like Roxy and Fish? (That was a bit of a run-on sentence but I stand behind it.)

• Members

Loved seeing Cassie and Andrew today but agree that GT fell a little short in her scenes and isn't Brody a recovering alcoholic? I know I remember him in AA meetings with Charlie yet he was drinking today with Roxy. I just don't get it...

• Members

No he's not. He just likes the occassional beer, one of which he drunk around Shane back a year or so ago, which prompted Gigi to make him go to AA meetings. But now, he was never portrayed as an alcoholic.

• Members

When Brody debuted under Tomlin in the strike, it was implied that he was a drinking, fighting bastard who didn't care about Gigi or Shane, just the money. Shortly afterwards, when the strike ended, they began to soften him up, and Gigi suggested he go to AA because his drinking was becoming quite frequent. I think Brody's drinking had a tendency towards a problem when he was suffering from PTSD, but he's gotten psychiatric help and now drinks with moderation.

• Members

I didn't think the reveal scenes were too bad. I think it was just the dialogue which was clumsy. If it had been me I would have had Andrew talking to Dorian over the phone, with a bad connection. She would hear words like "dead" and then eventually "sister" and get more and more upset. Then Andrew would arrive, with Cassie, and tell her about Melinda.

If I was bothered by anything it was a) having Blair say "Maybe now Dorian can stop freaking out" because it once again downplayed just how much Blair knows about Mitch's evil (he tried to kill her mother) and b ) those cringeworthy scenes of Langston and Ford being cut in with the Cramer scenes. I would keep trying to skip them and they would keep popping up. It was like a bad computer virus.

I also don't understand why they have Langston falling for lines like "Your life is too structured." Since when? Wasn't she just about homeless when Dorian adopted her? She was nearly deported. Her biological family is criminals and murderers. If anything shouldn't Langston WANT structure?

The best scenes were with Dorian and Adrianna (they have a much more believable connection these days, Robin and Melissa work very well together and they even look somewhat similar), and with Kelly and Blair. I am not a Kelly fan but I did like that last scene between them and I thought most of the reactions were very Kelly.

• Members

I'm waiting for the scene where Ford is alone and reaches for the zipper hidden behind his hairline, unzipping his International Male body to reveal some ghastly demon. There's something *almost* literary about this character.

• Members
Ford is a creep. I know he's not but he feels like a sexual predator. This has ruined Langston. I can't stand to look at her.

Dorian and Adrianna are like gold. I haven't bought into them for awhile but I did today.

Archived