OLTL: Discussion for the week March 1

• Members

I know I always sound contrary when I say this but I still don't see what is so hot about Ford. His body looks kind of weirdly shaped to me, and his head doesn't quite match. I guess it's supposed to be the contrast with the studious Markko but unless Markko were joining some sort of campus re-virginity/abstinence group and shaming Langston over the times they made love, I don't believe she would be drawn to Ford.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Adrianna benefits when she only makes visits (and when she isn't around Rex). Now that she is more of the cosmopolitan type and has learned how to balance her good and bad sides, she seems more like Dorian, yet she's also more restrained in her reactions than Dorian, so there's a contrast if they're scene partners. Scenes like today are the types where I don't feel like the person Dorian is talking to looks down on her and that's always nice because over the years it's always a struggle to find those with Dorian and her girls.

• Members

Re: Ford, I've expressed my dislike several times as well, but I am now taking an odd joy in the fact that they've stuck with the unsavory character route. I really feared that they'd try to shove this guy down our throats as some sort of wounded soul/victim of his circumstances. Having him play an entire episode in a towel is beyond gratuitous, I'm sure some people enjoy it but I really dislike anything that smacks of audience manipulation. I pray that he's a kind, level-headed guy IRL, this kind of thing can be very bad for the ego.

You were sort of getting at this earlier today (well, yesterday now :D ), but today did no favors for Langston when it comes to seeing her as a bona fide Cramer woman. Intercutting her scenes with all of that serious family drama really drove a wedge for me, it was almost like they were trying to make a point of it. I dunno.

• Members

I always liked Cassie. She was one of the first OLTL characters I ever saw, so to me the real OLTL has Cassie on it. I just have so many memories of Cassie: being tied to a totem pole by some cult, the baby in the manger, she and Rob looking for clues against Lord Henry and Elizabeth Sanders...Cassie should have been the one to take OLTL into the next generation, not Blair or Kelly.

• Members

You can blame JFP for why Cassie isn't around now. And once she fired Laura it was all too easy for later regimes to not bring her back. I was never the biggest Cassie booster because by the time I started watching a lot of her story was probably not her best, but when she returned briefly for the Mitch 2003 story and when I saw some of her earlier scenes on Youtube I appreciated her more. The character should be used far more often.

• Members

I don't know when scenes are supposed to upset us or when it's just not understanding how the audience will react (like what happened with Tarty). I thought the cutting back and forth made her look just awful. If that was the point, which it could very well be (since she did seem to be shaken when she realized someone had died, after months of no one in the family believing this would happen), then hopefully that will be good story, but it's a shame they had to degrade her this way.

• Members

If Dorian could step outside of herself, perhaps she'd be proud of the Viki-like selflessness and utter devotion to her family that she displayed today. There was something very raw, warm, and endearing, I mean, when she was hugging Cassie she was REALLY hugging Cassie. But like DeeeDee, I got tickled watching her wail everytime the front door opened or a name got mentioned. :P I think it was Andrew who walked up behind her and put a hand on her shoulder and she mega-flinched, again, a subtle yet very effective touch.

• Members

It was Price Is Right For Deaf People.

Dorian one of your relatives is dead

DEAD?!

Dead.

DEAD DEAD?!

Dead Dead.

Dead as in dead?

Yes dead as in dead.

As in dead?

As in dead.

Not dead as in 6th sense dead but dead?

No dead as in Nicole Kidman's career dead dead.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're sorry for your loss.

• Members

I have to admit I forgot Adriana was in the room at all until she had the scene with Dorian alone. That scene did affect me.

Kelly has always been isolated from the Cramers and looked down on them. I have never quite known whether that was deliberate, an acting choice, or unintentional, but I feel that again with GT being back. I thought that sort of worked in today's scenes, especially when she briefly allowed Blair to comfort her.

I wonder if we're ever going to get to see more of Addie in this storyline, or see her talk about Melinda.

:lol:

I know people said Robin went over the top but you have to go over the top with some of that type of material. When they let her be restrained, she was.

SFK I hadn't thought of her as being "Viki-like" but you're right, she was, in a way. It just makes me sad as to what's become of Viki's family.

• Members

I would like that because I think Addie deserves it, PPW would do a wonderful job, we'd get to hear more about the life the three sisters led, and also because I am having a more and more difficult time remembering when Blair was a major part of Dorian's life. I would hope this might bring her back more into Dorian's orbit. She used to understand Dorian better than anyone.

I know it was probably a Frons mandate but it still seems like such a cheat to have Addie well and yet never see her.

• Members

I do wonder what the deal is with PPW. We've seen much less of her since the strike, and she was on constantly just before. I assume Frons had a coronary when he saw episode upon episode featuring both her playing electric guitar and Viki and Charlie doing it in Texas.

I expect she'll appear at some point here; she was on not long ago when the Cramers moved into Todd's rape palace. She doesn't appear as much as she should, though.

• Members

They show her briefly in those group moments, or sometimes to show disapproval, but those conversations she used to have with people seem to have gone. It would be nice to see her talk to Cassie, with their history of mental problems, or Kelly, since Kelly never really had a mother. Or even Langston. I would have most wanted to see her with Blair but since they seem to have decided not to write stories for Blair I know that's not likely.

I'd meant to say how freaked out I was when they would repeatedly cut from RealRoxy to AllisonRoxy. The editing tricks worked well, it was very unsettling.

Archived