Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2010 Winter Olympics

His ego probably thought he didnt need it.....lol

I think you're right. He probably thought one quad was good enough. This is Olympics - you go all out. He should've known better. I bet he regrets not doing the 2nd quad now.

I think you're right. He probably thought one quad was good enough. This is Olympics - you go all out. He should've known better. I bet he regrets not doing the 2nd quad now.

It would have been good enough if his jumps didn't look wonky.

It would have been good enough if his jumps didn't look wonky.

Are you allowed to "change" your program in the middle of skate. Say you wobble on a couple and miss a triple or whatever and you're thinking, "I need to do something to make up for those mistake," can you then add a quad or whatever to the end of your program?

After all these years Frank Carroll finally has coached an Olympic Champion.

Toups I think you can change the program because some skaters have done it in the past.

Johnny Weir got threats from animal rights activists because his costume had a bit of fur on it? that's ridiculous. He needs to take a page out of Martha Reeve's handbook... She was riding with her fur coat in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in New York, and some PETA people were coming her way with paint, and she pulled her pistol outta her purse and said "Don't try it, motherf*ckers!

Johnny Weir got threats from animal rights activists because his costume had a bit of fur on it? that's ridiculous. He needs to take a page out of Martha Reeve's handbook... She was riding with her fur coat in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in New York, and some PETA people were coming her way with paint, and she pulled her pistol outta her purse and said "Don't try it, motherf*ckers!

I think that was Johnny Weir.

Aw, I'm happy for Evan, he worked so hard to get where he is, especially after his Torino experience. He seems like a really classy and sincere guy too.

Plushenko put up a good fight too, but his executions and air movements were a bit too wonky.

I watched the ice skating last night and was happy that Evan won from Mr Stick up his ar*e.

We have 4 cable channels showing the games, but was not paying extra to see them, and very reluctant to watch the free to air one simple because I can't stand the lead commontator, and maybe this articale will show why.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/eddie-maguire-mick-molloy-olympic-figure-skating-gay-slur-goes-global/story-e6freuy9-1225832285462

CHANNEL Nine commentators Eddie McGuire and Mick Molloy have attracted international attention with their controversial comments made about the men's ice skating.

In their Winter Olympics wrap last night, the pair took aim at some of the costumes worn by the male competitors in the figure skating.

As the pair discussed the men's figure skating, Molloy said: "They don't leave anything in the locker room these blokes do they", before a sniggering McGuire interjected, adding "they don't leave anything in the closet either do they."

Molloy was quick to jokily reprimand McGuire, warning him he could get into trouble.

The network then cut to an image of a skater wearing a tuxedo-style costume, which Molloy described as something even singer Prince would not wear.

The footage then showed a skater wearing a costume of overalls and a flannelette shirt with McGuire suggesting it was "a bit of broke back".

Molloy agreed saying: "A bit of Brokeback Mountain exercises, you can't wear that."

The pair was referring to the Heath Ledger film Brokeback Mountain about a pair of gay cowboys.

The comments have attracted attention as far away as Britain, where The Sun carried a report about their "schoolboy jokes".

Channel Nine received several complaints from viewers about the comments.

Social media networks including twitter were also awash with comments from viewers appalled at what the pair was saying.

Members of an anti-Eddie McGuire Facebook page - Eddie Mcguire is ruining the 2010 Winter Olympics coverage - were also outraged.

Karen Turner wrote: "I watched for the first time last night and was shocked and embarrassed by his comments about the ice skaters, time for him to retire and replace him with someone more educated in life."

The pair's comments came just a day after Molloy made a similar homophobic jibe about male ice skaters.

Later in the segment, Molloy apologised for that comment he had made on Tuesday night.

"I made a joke that was a bit off colour, some of the crew here didn't like it either," he said.

"I suggested that there was a disaster happening at the ice skating rink because organisers had found out one of the male ice dancers wasn't gay.

"And I apologise for that really sincerely."

But the apology was soon defunct as Molloy added "but it definitely wasn't this guy" before cutting to a shot of champion American figure skater Johnny Weir wearing a pink and black outfit and holding a heart-shaped cushion.

Channel Nine is yet to respond to the incident.

Who really gives a flying fig on what a person's sexualy orintation is.