2010 Winter Olympics

Toups

• Members

While I thought that Yu-Na Kim was great and deserved gold, I didn't think she was that good as her scores made her out to be.

I was hoping that Mira was going to sneak up and get the bronze. The last time Frank Carroll coached someone who got 4th skating to Carmen did slightly better at their next olympics.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently at the end of yesterday's hockey game, when the Canadian team went up to the podium, the US team were still feeling deflated as the match had just ended and they had no team to decompress. So the Canadians led chants of "USA! USA!" in order to lift their spirits some.

Class act. It's stuff like this makes me want to become a Canadian citizen sometimes. :)

• Members

I'm betting Kim Yu-Na goes pro after this season. The last Gold Medalist on the ladies side that came back to defend her title was Katerina Witt in 1988. They all go professional after the gold especially since she is already getting a lot of media attention back in Korea.

• Members

So who else almost had a heart attack in the final minutes of the hockey semi-final tonight with Slovakia and Canada. Man that was scary. They are off to fight for the Gold though. GO CANADA GO!

Canada now leads in total gold medals with potential to tie the all time record of 13 golds won at a winter games. Things have turned around quite nicely, if all goes well we will most likely beat Turin's 24 medals by one.

• Administrator

*raises hand* The final 30 seconds was one of the most intense play I've ever seen - Canada almost clearing the puck, players diving to block shots, players diving to hand pass the puck and of course Luongo's INCREDIBLE save on Demitra who had a wide open net (I yelled out, "OH NO!!") but thank God he didn't score. LOL Sunday's game is going to be insane! I can't wait.

Did you see the Curling match with Canada/Sweden? Canada's up 6-4 going into the 10th....I couldn't believe Cheryl Bernard choked...TWICE! They were easy shots to make too. :( It would've been a perfect night to go along with the 2 speed skating golds and of course the hockey game win.

• Members

Yes, I was disappointed in Bernard, but I read up on her a bit and she has a history of choking in finals like that. I forget how many times they said she made the provincial finals and lost. It was bound to catch up with her though, how many games did she squeak out in the final ends like that? She was very disappointed in herself though. She was pretty emotional doing her interview following the medal ceremony. Curling sometimes comes down to those shots and sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. She made a valiant effort though. Her whole team did. Hopefully Kevin Martin can win Gold today for the men. He lost the Gold Medal in 2002 to Norway (different team this year)... so it will be interesting to see how he does.

About that Demitra shot, there was a COLLECTIVE "OH NO!" at the bar I was at at that exact moment. Demitra and Luongo at the end had a good laugh about I think LOL, being team mates at all.

Bring on the Yanks! I really hope we smoke em.... I don't know if I can take a one goal game.. lol.

• Members

It truly did, Alvin.... but you gotta give credit to Team USA and everyone involved there. No one really expected them to even be much of a threat for a medal, but look what they did. A shot away from the Gold medal. It was such a great game!

GO SIDNEY CROSBY!!!!! Very fitting for him to seal it considering there has been so much scrutiny towards him so far. 14 GOLDS!! More than any NATION EVER at a single Winter Games. Canada truly did OWN THE PODIUM!!!

So proud to be Canadian!

Archived