2010 Winter Olympics

Toups

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked Chan. I havent kept up with Men's Figure Skating for sometime now. I really enjoyed it tonight and instantly had my favorites. Chan was one of them.

Make that two of us. I was real happy for Evan. I hope he beats plushenko. I cant stand plushenko or his bland skating....ugh....lol

• Members

Poor Chan, talk about pressure. Too bad Jeffery Buttle retired or else he could have taken some of that pressure off Chan.

Plushenko already has a gold, he doesn't need another one. The freeskate is where Evan skates best and he's my favorite skater (minority opinion, I know). If any of the top three are to have a meltdown on Thursday, it's Takahasi.

The reason Johnny scored so low was because he lost points for an edge violation on a triple flip.

• Members

Plushenko and Lysacek kicked ass. Though, I see Plushenko walking away with the Gold again, but Lysacek should have an easy Silver.

I'm really disappointed in Jeremy Abbott. It seems like the Olympic nerves got to him, and he's capable of much better. He was even crying in one interview after he knew he had botched his short program. LOL!

• Members

I love how after all the hoopla over the importance of a quad it really didn't matter in the end ( in the short program at least). Evan is only .55 points behind Plushenko. The guy who made the biggest stink about it, Brian Joubert, is so far out of medal contention.

• Members

Wouldn't Jeremy be as old as Plushenko is now by the next Olympics? Not saying he's anywhere near that caliber, but I do think if he works on his nerves, he could see redemption at the next Olympics, assuming he doesn't deteriorate with age and doesn't go Pro before then. He really let himself down, and we all know he's capable of much better.

• Members

I'm afraid that Jeremy would go the Timothy Goebel/ Takeshi Honda route rather than the Plushenko route. There's just such a short life span for people in this sport, with a few exceptions. Plus, the federations will be happy to toss you aside if you can't perform and there is a hot shot waiting in the wings.

Archived