2010 Winter Olympics

Toups

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? That's awesome! I wasn't aware you were Canadian. Where did you end up going and what are you doing career wise if you don't mind me asking? I am still not sure which path I am going to take following graduation. Law school perhaps, but I think I want to get out working right away. Guelph really is a great school all around. I am thankful to live in Guelph and to have been so close.

Yeah, CTV is a joke IMO. I miss the CBC Daytime with Ron McLean :(

GO CANADA!!!! Bilodeau has such a great personal story too with his brother suffering from cerebal palsy. His brother actually told him to get into skiing even thoguh Bilodeau as a child was very good at hockey. The pressure is now off the rest of the team for being the one to win that elusive gold medal on home soil. Its only day 2. I am hopeful of many more golds to come at this game. :) So proud to be Canadian!

• Administrator

I don't really see that much a a difference. I think it's better that CTV/TSN/Sportsnet has the coverage instead of CBC and its channels like Bold. This way there's more options.

You're kidding me! Brian Williams is the best.

• Administrator

I like Ron too. Who's doing the daytime coverage now? (I haven't been able to watch the morning/afternoon coverage)

I love the Bilodeau's story!! I'm so happy that we finally won Gold on home soil for the first time in history! I can watch his montage (with Nikki Y's "I Believe" playing) every single time. LOL

How about those Koreans taking each other out when they had a medal sweep!! That was brutal. LOL

• Members

I'll take Brian Williams over Lisa LaFlamme and that idiot James Duthie anyday.

I agree Toups, the extended options available in terms of television coverage is a good thing, I just enjoy the personalities over at CBC more.

• Administrator

LOL You don't like Duthie, eh. I like him and his joking around but I can see how he can annoy people.

I like almost everyone, so I don't really care. LOL Steve Armitage from CBC is awesome though. I love his calls.

NBC's coverage isn't that great - there's so many commercials! CTV at least shows replays and comments ont he action, while NBC always goes to commercial.

• Members

He is ok in small doses I suppose.... he just can get on your nerves. I don't find him really all that funny.

Michael Landsberg (who I normally like on OTR) just is not a good fit.... his pieces have really been terribly cheesy.

I won't even comment on some of the MTV and MuchMusic personalities.

I really miss Armitidge at the Oval :( Rod Smith though is actually not too bad. Catriona LeMay Doan though... I love ya girl, but do you really have to say every 2 seconds "those legs are filling up with lactic acid right about now".

I was screaming at her to shut up today. She must have said lactic acid at least 4 or 5 times each friggin race. Like enough. We get it. LOL

• Members

I'm having trouble catching a lot of the games with this time difference in England. It's a bummer for me too, cause like the games, both winter and summer. :(

Yay for the Political Science people! That's what my BA is in and provided I survive the next three months (and my dissertation in September) that's what my MA will be in. :)

• Administrator

Nope....he's ALL yours (well Autralia's). He's a "spyware king" and his attitute towards the Canadian media was awful (he refused to grant them interviews). Now the Aussie officials are protesting the results. Whatever. Soooo glad he lost!!

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/canada-stole-olympic-gold-from-spyware-mogul-27849

Archived