2010 Winter Olympics

Toups

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You and your charming way with words Ruxton :wub:

And I know the commentators have to say something--but the stupid Canadian ones, when the Georgian team entered with black armbands in remembrance of their dead Luger, said "and this team will gain SO much strength from these ceremonies to help them get over their loss." :blink: They will? How?

• Members

+1 to the First Nations dancers being featured at the games. As a full-blooded American Indian/Native American myself I'm happy to see my distant cousins' cultures being represented. Although they're more influential in Canada with Canada's smaller population, in the US we only make up 1% of the total pop.

• Members

Yep I was 13 back then! I'm visiting Australia in the Fall (your Spring!)

Nelly is fake :P well to be fair we all change since our jr high days, but you will NEVER find anyone who has anything nice to say about her back then. I remember she sang Mariah Carey Hero at an assembly and her voice cracked and she ran off crying. Which was great :D (she really was a Mean girl--part of the rougher girls who would beat up other girls, etc)

• Members

That is cool.

What parts of Australia will you be going to?

Last week in Sept we have our football grandfinal and there are a lot of things happening in the city.

And then from mid Oct to the 1st week in Nov we have the Spring Carnaval (horse racing) here in Victoria

Wasn't the part that they did with the whales great.

Archived