Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The man next to Melissa Reeves looks like a recast Jack Deveraux.

Have we discussed Agnes Nixon? I think she looks great and I remember watching OLTL's anniversary show and admiring her face and neck work.

Diahann Carroll looks perfect.

Kassie DePaiva is also great.

I can't stand his acting or the character he plays, but Ron Moss has managed to look exactly the same for almost 25 years. It is obvious that A FEW years have passed, but he is hasn't changed at all. Whenever one of my friends see him on TV they give me a call and start screaming that B&B is still on tv and that Ridge and Brooke haven't changed at all! I am not going to ask if he has had any work done, because I believe that everybody who is in this business has. All these actors had their first nose job before their first gig, I doupt they stopped taking care of themselves afterwards.

Jerry Douglas had a lot of work done during his Y&R tenure, but I think it was very good. The change is his eyes and brows is very obvious.

I don't think Brenda Dickson's work is THAT bad. It's the hair, the make up, the clothes and the attitude that is ruining it for her.

Love this thread, it was one of the reasons I quit smoking when it first started :)

DaytimeFan, what is your opinion on vitamin injections? They are supposed to make the skin look great. Also, do you believe that there is really another way (such as laser) to make the face skin look tighther other than a surgical lift? Most of my friends think that the perfect age for the first face lift is after 35 and I think I would do that much easier than a nose job :P

• Members

I agree that Diahann Carroll looks great, she looked great forEVER until she got sick and she suddenly had jowls. She's been very open about her surgery, in her book and on Oprah, she looks wonderful.

I agree that Brenda Dickson doesn't look awful surgery-wise, it's just the garish hair color choices, fondant-looking foundation, painted on brows, over-Botox'd brow... Her style is like those old ladies who run burlesque shows that they profile on HBO's Real Sex.

Yes, we have talked about Agnes Nixon, she really does look great and totally natural. A fine example of "she doesn't look like she's had plastic surgery but we know she must have." I think in that regard, and in terms of style which she has in fact mentioned in the past, Agnes Nixon is one of Susan Lucci's big inspirations.

• Members

And the first facelift at 35?? :o I guess it depends on what you're working with, but that imo is too young. That's how Melanie Griffith messed herself up. It'll age you that young, think Heidi Montag. Honestly, the women in my life didn't even start to show the "need" for work until they were about 55. They would have looked even greater had they done little things like lasers and peels up to that point, kept their weight steady.

• Members

I am a little sceptical about that as well. I have friends whose faces look like masks and then every once in a while I see a beautiful woman in her fifties who tells me that she "started very young" :P

Plastic surgery is a matter of aesthetics and I think it is very difficult to find a doctor with whom you mean the same things when you say the words natural, youthful, beautiful, sexy and classy.

• Members

First of all, WELL DONE on quitting smoking. Your face will thank you, your lungs will thank you and it will pay dividends in the long run!

Agnes does look good. Very classic, well done plastic surgery. She looks lovely. Not young. Just very good.

Diahann Carroll does look very great. She looked good for ages and then she dealt with breast cancer and rewarded herself for surviving with a little plastic surgery.

Brenda Dickson, very good point Elsa, it isn't the work so much, it's the HAIR (cut it Brenda, it's very ageing and change the colour to something natural looking)...the makeup and the clothes. It's all very dated. It's all very trashy. She could look so much better if she took her hair shoulder length, dyed it honey blonde and started wearing pant suits without plunging necklines that are skin tight.

I think vitamin injections are a bunch of nonsense. Let's say we're injecting Vitamin C, fine, you've injected it...but it's a water soluble vitamin, at a point, the body is going to say "We're full of Vitamin C" and the rest is going to be excreted as very expensive urine. I do believe in topical application of antioxidant rich products that are packaged in a way that minimizes light and air (that means NO JARS!), as well as physical sun protection and gentle cleansing and exfoliation.

In terms of making the skin tighter, it depends on the laxity of the skin. If you're under 40, surgery is not acceptable. Under 40 is too early. As well, I think it's important to get the skin in the best condition possible before you ever attempt surgery. Thermage is an interesting procedure, though I think it's somewhat hit and miss with it's reliability. IPL procedures are very reliable for clearing up the skin, enhancing collagen production. Fraxel, for my money, is the gold standard. It can dramatically improve the skin. I'd do Fraxel before I'd ever consider surgery. Botox and fillers cannot be underestimated either.

Frankly, I'm not interested in surgery at all. Unless I get a double chin. The *second* (if) I ever see one, it's getting sucked out.

Archived