Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The production of collagen is basically the key to how we age. When we're under 30, our body makes collagen at a steady, predictable, healthy rate. However, exposure to things like pollution, cigarettes, alcohol and the sun all degrade the existing collagen we have and damage the collagen making process. After 30, our collagen production slows, bottoming out at 50. Lasers, Retin A, fillers, Retinol and antioxidant rich skincare all aid in collagen production.

Men have thicker skin to start with so we have more collagen right off the bat. However, the collagen production rate doesn't change based on gender. The single biggest predictor of how you're collagen production will be influenced is based on sun exposure. What you do at 16 will be a debt collected at 40.

The study that determined that Botox can migrate to other muscles in the body was concerned with THERAPEUTIC DOSES of Botox used in people with cerebral palsy. If we coiuld compare those doses to the doses used in cosmetic Botox application it would be like comparing a swimming pool (therapeutic doses) with a glass of water (cosmetic doses). Botox is extremely safe.

• Members

I find it hard to believe Angelina hasn't had any work done.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/06/angelina-jolie-talks-plastic-surgery-plans_n_792765.html

Jennifer Hudson looks fantastic but is it me or does she look a bit like Star Jones. I wonder if she lost the weight naturally.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/06/jennifer-hudson-shows-off-slim-body_n_792557.html

• Members

Slightly off topic, but in terms of Madonna, I have met her three times, well seen her close up in person not really spoken to her, the first time in 2006 then a couple of years ago and just recently. She looks much more natural in person and the work doesn't seem so severe. The cheeks have settled, though she should give it a rest. The shots I have seen taken by the paps must be photo shopped by people who hate her. I saw one once of her arm and it looked like the crypt keeper, her arms do not look like that, and nowhere near as gaunt, she looked anorexic in certain photos, not the case at all.

On topic, not sure if she has been mentioned, but has Katherine Kelly Lang had any work. I saw a snippet of B&B the other day and she doesn't look like she has, or at least nothing major. I can't always tell.

Archived