Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean, God love her. She is daytime's leading lady. Oprah said it "There is nobody like her"...but damn. Susan, liar, liar pants on fire.

Youthful Essence is never going to make your eyes TIGHTER. It's never going to make your jaw TIGHTER.

But she's like Sophia Loren, she leaves her lies fluttering in her wake like butterflies.

• Members

Susan looked great in closeup and I think the reason why we let someone like her "get away" with her fibs is because her work is so good. I think it was classy of Oprah not to press the issue, I mean, of course she wouldn't, she's been friendly with Susan for years (but that's exactly the kind of stuff that made me take a nerve pill when Susan was on Wendy Williams... can you imagine??). But I'm also tempted to say that SL's had a little recent upkeep (Thermage? Injectable?) as on AMC it was clear that she was getting little post-plastic surgery pooches below the corners of her mouth on either side of her chin. They seem to have all but disappeared.

Speaking of that mouth thing, am I the only one who remembers when Barbara Walters talked about her (first?) facelift on 20/20 years ago? She did a direct address to the audience and people smirk and surmise about work she's allegedly had done, but at least once upon a time she was very open about it.

• Members

Sigh. Melanie Griffith. I feel bad for her. She obviously has had issues with addiction, on and off, for years, ever since she was a teenager. Added to the fact that Hollywood tosses out women over 35 with the trash. But Working Girl remains one of my favorite comedies of all time ("I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that?"), and she will always exude sweet youthfulness in that movie.

• Members

See, I think Wendy Williams would be even less apt to grill SuLu on her plastic surgery because Wendy worships at SuLu's alter. The difference is that Oprah is friends with Susan, that personal connection is something she clearly values.

And I have NEVER heard about Barbara Walters directly addressing the audience. How that hasn't shown up on YouTube or in Barbara Walters reels is beyond me. Really?! She was honest?!

• Members

I see what you're saying, the thing is, Wendy's softened up a lot for TV. On the radio, she was notorious for cutting to the chase and asking extremely personal questions as bluntly as possible (which had her sound effects guy Goose going crazy pushing the "!!!!!!", "WOWWW!", and "*bird swooping down and cawing upon its prey*" buttons :lol: ). I think with Susan she'd ask politely as possible (for Wendy), but unlike us, she wouldn't know how that's something Susan has famously not spoken about and would be really caught off guard/unsettled by (can you imagine her eyes getting as large as saucers and her just dancing as fast as she could... I'm almost convinced that not asking about plastic surgery is something her people discuss in pre-show talks, her throwing Oprah and only Oprah that little bone).

And yes! Years ago, had to be late-late '80s or early '90s, Barbara spoke about having a facelift. She said a few words about getting older/looking tired/not happy with the way she looked/the business, something all to that effect, and in a quirky, off-handish way said, "Sooo, I had a facelift. ^_^ " Not sure if there had been rumblings and this was classic BW damage control, or if she was just going for a nice little "good television" ratings moment. But I've never forgotten that and I've never seen it mentioned since.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived