Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack Wagner is in desperate need of: 1. a great hairstylist; 2. very good dermatologist.

DaytimeFan, something I've always wanted to ask, but somehow always forgot to: you know very well that Joan Crawford demanded that it be cold, freezing on the sets of all her photo shoots. Is there any truth to that that the skin might look better under those conditions? Cold really doesn't do much good to the skin, it dries it out, for example. But for a shorter time period? Like the duration of a photo session?

• Members

Well, the arch bitch Joan Crawford probably liked it cold on set because it helped her feel warmed up like a human being.

I would think that a cold set would keep makeup looking perfect, generally, in a cold temperature, cosmetics and hairspray and such hold up much better. The cold may have helped her skin look more taught.

Overall, it didn't stop Crawford from having some very extreme plastic surgery over the years.

• Members

:lol: That cracked me up.

It also gets so hot under the lights, the cold air would even the temp. out a bit, and yes, prevent your makeup from melting down your face as quickly. When makeup comes to powder and touch you up, all that crud is just getting jammed more into your pores. She and Paul Newman did the old dunk your face in ice cubes routine to keep their skin taut (you see Dunaway's Joan do it in the awesome OCD morning ritual montage of Mommie Dearest). And even Newman ended up having some judicious work on his face. But yeah, ice is way too harsh to put directly on your skin to do much good more than a temporary tightening of your facial muscles. It can stick to and burn your skin (and burst your little capiliaries) especially straight from the freezer. If you're going to do that, pour some water over it first to take off the edge.

• Members

Ice/cold water is an old trick. I have non-operable Carpel Tunnel and it was recommended to me that I soak my forearms in water as cold as I could stand, and that many great musicians did that to keep their fingers nimble. My aunt used it on her face and hands, and she had the softest, clearest skin I've ever seen.

• Members

I didn't know she beat her own children. That's not being a b!tch, as you called her, that's being a psychopath.

I just find her... weirdly weird-looking. She had a distinctive face and Adrian's creations only made her look even more hypnotizing in some photographs.

• Members

You didn't know that Joan Crawford beat her children?! Have you not heard of the book and film Mommie Dearest? Faye Dunaway played Joan. Joan had many, many problems. She was an abusive parent, an alcoholic, had an OCD about cleanliness and tried to run Pepsi Cola (her last husband was the CEO) until the company forced her retirement from the Board of Directors.

She was a psycopathic, evil, bitch.

And not for nothing, but when Joanne Woodward won her Oscar, wearing a dress she'd made herself, Joan Crawford made a point of telling Joan Collins, one of Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman's good friends, that Joanne looked terrible. Joanie's dined out on that particular anecdote for years.

• Members

Absolutely, I have never been able to listen to Bing Crosby and feel good knowing what a brutal father he was.

And again, Joan Collins said that while working with him on 'The Road to Hong Kong' he was a total prick.

Bob Hope, on the other hand, was fabulous, according to his children and the divine Ms Collins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived