Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

That isn't actually true. The benefit (and curse) of liposuction is that once those fat cells have been removed, they are gone, for good. The negative point to that is if you have liposuction and subsequently gain weight, you'll gain it in a different place.

So let's say you're someone who gains weight in your stomach, you lipo the fat out and then gain another twenty pounds. Instead of going to your gut, it's going to your ass or your thighs or your chin or your arms. You literally CANNOT get fat where lipo has been done because the fat cells no longer exist!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It had Canadian printing? blink.gif I didn't know you read Match! No kidding! laugh.gif So many SON people read Match, apparently! LOL.

And Oprah looks weird to me, SFK, what can I do... Too tight, weird... blink.gif She has those awful bags under her eyes, no matter how much make-up, they're always visible.

• Members

She's alwayshad those though, hasn't she? Maybe they were less pronounced when she was at her heaviest, but...

Yeah Match may not have had an actual Canadian printing (though I think it did) but it did have a distribution center here it no longer does... Back when we were kids or early teens my grandparents got our family a bunch of French magazine subscriptions--I guess just to help out with school and keep us interested in French, plus back before the Internet was so big, it was easier to use French magazines for research as well as those silly school collage projects, and it wasn't always easy to find them. We got a sports one (which I never read :D), Actualite, which is a French Canadian version of MacLeans a Canadian news magazine like Time, and Paris Match whgich was the only one I really found of interest. But I haven't picked up an issue since Montreal--I guess I could probably find them here at a magazine store...

• Members

Poor Kathy is kind of like a textbook for avoiding plastic surgery. She looked much better before she had any procedures, especially her face.

I'm just glad things like Botox weren't around in the great days of sitcoms. Imagine tuning into I Love Lucy and seeing a frozen-faced Lucille Ball.

• Members

I think she looks better too, though it aged her a bit the same way it did Heidi Montag.

Still, the best example of a funny lady getting surgically made over is Phyllis Diller. It really turned her into a lovely looking old lady (when she's not in the drag wigs and makeup).

27_myths_legends_phyllis_diller_susan_lucci.jpg

("Thank you mother. I have learned your ways, and I shall go forth and continue your pioneering efforts. All hail.")

• Members

I haven't paid close attention to her face recently but the year or two after the procedures I thought her face lost a lot of its character and she had that looks where her eyes were too tight and she seemed to look very pulled.

I guess the botched Lasik she had might have also come into play.

Archived