Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SFK, remind me to bring my $80,000 mink and my crocodile Bugatti bag next time I'm frolicking in the snow, hmm, 'kay?

:)

I assume the fantabulous and kind FrenchFan is to whom you are referring. :)

remos, je suis à moitiée française.

• Members

I was just kidding. Actually, I was wondering why people would dress up that way with such expensive things in a climate which is so cold, damp and inhospitable. I mean, I know the fur coat would keep you warm, but all those minks cost a fortune. I'd be worried about ruining such an expensive piece in the snow. Or, better yet, getting mugged on the road to St. Moritz or Méribel.

• Members

No way! Ma meilleure amie vient du Nouveau Brunswick (mais elle vit maintenant dans le Massachusetts). Elle est de Fredericton, très belle ville anglophone.

LOL. Connecting across oceans, people. The internet is a beautiful thing.

• Members

St. Moritz is famous for its parade of furs, it's been that way forever.

From the NYT:

The first step, as always, is to dress the part. Blend. St. Moritz winter style, even in a winter that begins as snowlessly as this one, can be summed up in one word: Fur. St. Moritz is the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’ anti-campaign. “I’d rather go naked than not wear fur” could replace “Top of the World,” as the St. Moritz motto. Sable, lynx, chinchilla, mink, fox, raccoon. Chubbies. Full length. Vests. Cuffs. Boots. Hats. Muffs. The boldest wear a combination of all of the above. Men, women, children all bundled alike. You will be forgiven for thinking that you can rent the furs at the local airport where some 19,000, mostly private, jets land each year, or at the train station, where men in uniforms that harken to another era wait to whisk you to the Suvretta House or the Kulm Hotel in stretch Mercedeses that recall taxis in oil-rich desert countries.

Archived