Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That clip is a modern classic, I know AllMyShadows and I have shown love for it on here ("But I guess they do-o-o-o-o-o-o..."). I remember reading in the comments, not sure if it's this same upload of the clip, a comment from her granddaughter saying, "This is my grandma, and yes she is nuts" or something to that effect. I think she's always been a bit eccentric but I wouldn't shoot down your theory either. BTW, Charlotte almost certainly knows Agnes Nixon from Northwestern. Charlotte knew Cloris Leachman from there too, and of coure Cloris replaced her on TFOL as her sister, Beverly Ann.

And Joan, B-word please about that "You never diss other actors" business. :lol:

• Members

Botox simply has not been studied in pregnant women, nor do I think it ever will be, in order to give a conclusive answer about pregnancy. I'm sure some doctor out there still injects pregnant women, but I have a rule in my office: 3 months prior to conception (if it's planned) and until breast feeding has stopped.

With that said, Botox is an extremely safe drug and has been in use, medically, for 30 years.

As for the Diet Coke...I have the attitude that the odd one won't kill you, but Diet Anything is fake food, it can't be great for you in the long run (as he chomps down on a Dorito...)

HA. I just despise Jessica Simpson. Such an ignorant hick. And now she's looking puffy and stupid. Perfect.

• Members

Do you think that by and large, it hasn't been studied because the vast majority of women don't really think too seriously about it until after menopause? I know i'm of the opinion that most women don't need to be touched with anything until they get past 45. I still would never do botox on myself, EVER. Intelectually, I know it's been done and studied. But it's still botulism in my mind, and I can't get past that (A hang up of mine). But then again, I don't eat nutmeg either, because large amounts will kill you. I know diet drinks have been much maligned over the years, Joan even said on Oprah that she didn't know any thin people who used diet drinks. I used to drink them occasionally, but not anymore... but I also am someone that drinks soda pop as it was meant to be, as an occasional treat, not in place of water, like so many people do today. My best friend just INHALES standard Dr. Pepper, he's got a gut that literally makes him looks 7 months pregnant, and i'm NOT exaggerating. He'll drink a half gallon of the stuff EVERY DAY, but it's like he's addicted or something. I'm sporadic with it, I'll buy a 2 liter bottle of soda (never with caffiene)... drink it over the course of 4 or 5 days, and then not buy any again for 2-6 weeks. I wonder what your all feelings are on the new sweetener made from Stevia? And I hear you about the doritos. Chips are one thing I could NEVAH give up. But then again, one could always use the lesser of these evils by eating the ones without preservatives and additives, like plain potato chips and fritos. Those two only have three ingredients, Potatoes or corn, oil, and salt, and nothing more. At the health food store, I've bought chips made from parsnips... theyr'e freaking DELISH (but then again, I love parsnips)

• Members

But of course! :D That totally stood out the first time I saw this, like, "Go 'head Miss Joan, you're 'with it'..." ^_^

Charlotte and Joan are good examples of actresses of distinct types, one having the freedom to age naturally, the other raging against the dying of the light.

• Members

alpha, we have that Joan episode on tape (Ali MacGraw and Debbie Allen are also on the panel). I would like to eventually put it up on YouTube but I know that would be in vain as it would almost immediately be yanked. Someone had uploaded an Oprah clip with Brenda Dickson, Robin Strasser and other soap stars, got snatched down of course. I think the funniest moment of that Joan episode is when Debbie is demonstrating walking with good ballet posture and she makes this grand gestue with her arm and almost whaps Joan in the face. Joan goes, "Woo!" and Debbie apologizes, Joan says, "It's okay darling, I took ballet too! *giggles*" Then Debbie turns to the audience and cups her mouth saying sotto voce, "Wouldn't wanna knock that hair off! :o " :lol:

Archived