The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not just you. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone with the judges adoration of her. She sings every song the same way and it isn't the best singing on top of that. I would not have minded Simon keeping his girlfriend Tia over Drew.

I was good with the judges picking InTENsity over the BB's. The group of ten improved a lot. And BB's never should have made it past the judges house.

Simone sucked so bad but handled the criticism well. Then again, something tells me she didn't really get that she was being criticized for some reason. Even Simon was cringing during her performance despite what he said about her.

• Administrator

How is 2 in a row, every song? He first audition, boot camp, group pairings were different than her judge's home and first live performance. I have so much confidence in Drew and I hope and think the judges see the potential star in her. LA Reid and Simon see $$$$$ when it comes to her. I'm praying on that. I'm just glad America doesn't have pull power in this competition.

• Members

Twice is too much to be singing the e-x-a-c-t same way. And going back to her first performance it was just a more "upbeat" version of the way she's been singing recently.

Maybe the judges are turning me more off to her than I would be otherwise, though. I'll admit that. Them lubing themselves up to fit her in over her singing the exact same way she sang for the judges audition was ridiculous.

ETA:

My favorite tweet of the night...

In second place, from TV Guide's Damian Holbrook...

• Members

Yeah, she gave the best performance of the girls. She doesn't have the best voice up there, but it's passable and their are stars like Perry, Spears, Madonna and Abdul who can't hold notes too well on stage but who sound good on records with work. Simone was a lost cause as she has sounded and did sound terrible and her performances were weak as well, but Tiah could have worked. I initially felt Paula and Nicole with her, but like with Drew to another side of what judges reactions can cause to come out of a viewer - their reactions made me root for Tiah more.

Those thoughts aside, while I still don't get the over-complementing of Drew, I do think Simon picked the three best singing-talent wise.

• Members

I think a little sabotage went into Simon's choice for Melanie. There was no way she was gonna kill it in a Whitney-like arrangement, but she did alright with it.

Nobody can better or even match Whitney on one of her songs; unfortunately, not even Whitney anymore. I always cringe when a performer chooses or is given Whitney or Celine songs to perform. Whitney before crack was probably the best vocal female talent ever by a distance.

• Members

My vote goes for Donna Summer (yes, I'm serious--who still has most of her voice) over Whitney, but she's definitely up there--or was. At least when discussing pop female vocalists--if you start going into gospel, jazz, opera it's more complicated. What I like about those ladies, as opposed to Mariah, say, is they also interpretated the song. Whitney did help lead to the diva vocal tick thing, but she still made it work--Mariah started the whole craze of basically singing evry song the same way--to show off your voice as much as possible with endless trills, etc, no matter if it suited the song or not.

• Members

WTF was that performance Dexter gave?! e5028380.gife5028380.gife5028380.gife5028380.gife5028380.gif Thank GOD he went home. I was getting worried because every single judge seemed to praise his performance. That was downright awful and beyond embarrassing. I am so glad LeRoy Bell was put through over him.

Stacey Francis is just...ugh. Shawn, thank you for posting that article. VERY interesting because despite my loathing of her, I really believed her story and felt for her at times amidst all the tears flowing out of my TV screen coming from her. She annoyed me in the live show, first of all with that awful performance where she did her usual OTT mess. Simon's criticism was spot on. And she definitely IS a "Diva" through and through and that showed last night. Did you guys see how she was acting after Simon gave his criticism? Bitch.

Simon really had to make a hard choice, I really felt for him. Simone was bound to go home from the start. I'm really bummed Tia was sent home. I really would've rather seen her stay over the overrated Rachel or Drew.

Melanie Amaro is AMAZING.

LA Reid did Philip Lomax dirty. I couldn't believe he chose that song for him e8099.gif Props to Philip for majorly stepping out of his usual crooning zone and doing something different. I just wish he was given a better song. I'm really angry he went out like that. He really could've had a chance.

I was not impressed by Chris Rene. I really liked him before but his live show performance was lackluster. I hope he's better next week because he has a lot of potential.

LAKODA RAYNE wub.pngwub.png They are at the top of my list. Omg I just love them. They are so hot & talented! Great group!!

I actually kinda loved InTENsity ph34r.png I was hating on them last week but thought they were good this week. There are some good singers in there, especially that girl who was wearing the red jacket. Amazing! I still wonder how marketable that group really can/will be.

The Stereo Hogz did a really impressive job. I felt bad when the Brewer Boys got sent home but understood why after that performance.

I loved all the banter between the judges. They are very dysfunctional at times but it kinda works.

AGREED with you guys. SoapBoy I am shocked we agree on someones voice for once...LOL.

• Members

This reply post at that site sums up my feelings about this blog...

One of the entries of "insane fraud" there is she was seen in a scene of a television show at a 10:00 mark. Huh? All that information added up to for me - besides her having a bitter ex-bandmate, is that Stacy was a semi-struggling artist who hasn't been able to make a name for herself and went on a reality show like many other semi-struggling artists to make a name for herself. The shame! The shock!

The most damaging information for me there is that she may be a Scientologist, but that's just personal bias, lol.

• Members

The UK show is MUCH stronger this year. Better judges (we need Kelly Rowland on our show!) and the contestants are more interesting. Last week there was a big blow up between Kelly and Tulisa when Tulisa accused one of Kelly's acts of being a bully. It went through the live show AND Xtra Factor. Now Kelly has pulled out of the live show this weekend but said its because of a throat infection...Nicole is rumored to be filling in.

Archived