The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Of course he's not mature enough to handle the situation and of course he needs to grow up - he's only 14! Yes, he's getting a big opportunity but it's not like the can't recover from this. You have to make mistakes to learn from them, especially at such a young age.

Kanye canceled a 'Today Show' performance because he feuded with Matt Lauer. He's still very immature......but that doesn't really matter.

And who knows what Kanye was doing when he was 14. When Jay-Z was a teen, he sold drugs, and shot his brother in the shoulder.

There's a lot of forgiveness in Hip Hop, where if you make great music, your past really doesn't matter, and if you go to jail (ie. Lil Wayne, T.I.), that won't really hurt your career.

Unlike the other acts on the show, Astro doesn't *need* to win this competition. He will be the most successful act to come out of this years show - he just has to listen to LA Reid and let him shepard the young boy's career.

• Members

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/mom_said_quit_T8U5RWuIOIZfdDTOKIO99M

This kid is un-freakin-believable. He's saying that he was purposely put in the bottom two by the show because he refused to take off trademarked headphones while performing. The icing on the cake is that his mother said to quit because the show was stupid, but he wants to give the show, and the lucky audience, one more chance. So basically, if he doesn't get top ranking this week, he'll probably quit. They should have thrown his ass off the show last week. I would gladly take another week of Stacey's off key warbling over him any day of the week.

• Members

The thing is, Astro is probably the most talented and will most likely succeed. He isn't a good singer (he's a rapper), but his talent for writing is beyond amazing. He's been writing and performing his own stuff every week, while the others are only performing.

I'm not defending Astro - I think the kid needs a good kick in the head - but watch, he'll be somebody.

I thought Melanie was awesome,awesome, awesome last night.... but anyone else think it's weird she brought the full island accent? I wonder if she's been told to hide her accent all this time?

Archived