The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I know! Simon was hilarious with this "Watch your back" to LA Reid. LMAO I think they complain too much about song choices. "That's not a rock song!" "Yes it is!" "No it's not!" Well, Chris, you wanted the judges to be harsh to the contestants and they were last night. I hate genre weeks like "Rock Week" because not everyone can do a genre that's out of their element. And you know they're not going to be making those kind of songs on their albums. LA Reid was right by saying to Simon that they should do "Hip Hop Week" and see everyone (though he singled out Drew here, "lets see Drew rap"....I think he hates her sad.png) rap. I prefer theme weeks like "Movie week" where they can do songs in their element.

Is trying to Simon trying to sabotage Drew? There's no excuse for giving her yet another slow song, especially when LA Reid pointed that out last week. Of course Drew did a great job on "With or Without You" but I want to see her with a faster song.

Marcus' slide through the legs while singing was awesome! I thought that was beautifully choreographed. LOL

Can't say this enough about Astro: superstar in the making!

So Drew, Astro, and Rachel only do 3 hours of school a day? I wonder how that works with all the subjects.

Alright, hopefully third time is the charm laugh.png.....prediction: Stacy leaves tonight!

• Members

The kid totally turned the majority of the audience against him. I think Stacy is talented, unlike some here, but if he hadn't acted like an entitled brat I would have been more than happy to see him stay over her (although I wouldn't have put either of them in the bottom in the first place).

• Members

Yeah, X-Factor is pretty awesome (first time I'm posting in this thread)

Astro's behavior was unbelievable tonight. Hearing L.A. calling him a "quitter" was pretty harsh, but he has reinforced his behavior time and time again, Reid should have prepared the young boy for the possibility of this happening.

He's only, what - 13? 14? So I think he should be given a pass for his childish behavior - but if he does it against another respectable contestant, (i.e. Simon's girls) I think he'll be toast.

With that said, i LOVE Melanie Amaro, I'm rooting for her every week.

• Administrator

Ever hear of Kanye West? If people based music on attitude, Kayne West wouldn't be one of the biggest hip hop artists right now.

With that said, I think Astro's behavior could've been scripted. LA Reid and Simon took a big chance and decided to create this controversy, to get people talking about the show. I think LA Reid is too smart to not coach him on a situation like this. This could be a way to knock Astro down only to build him back up.

But if it was real, he's still young and can learn from this situation. Even if Astro gets kicked off, I think he will have a bigger future than most, if not all, of the remaining acts - just as long as he has LA Reid backing him once the show is over. If he has LA Reid backing him up once the show is over, the sky is the limit - he will be a superstar beginning in his late teens.

For some reason? Umm.......they're hot!! LOL Dani is smokin hot and has such gorgeous eyes. And Haley is very beautiful.

• Members

Ok wow....just wow. That was INTENSE.

Everyone knows, GOD KNOWS I could not stand Stacy Francis, but she should've stayed after that pathetic, crybaby biotch attitude-induced Astro tonight. He is seriously NOT ready for this. I really wasn't expecting that out of him after the maturity he had been showing these last few weeks. Damn I was fooled. I was stunned at his attitude and how he had the audacity to come out on the stage and ask if he should even perform because he didn't really feel like it??? WTF is that?? Willing to give up 5million & a pepsi commercial over being in the bottom two is beyond me. Stacey should've stayed. I repeat, Astro is NOT ready for this. Should've known, considering his age.

Performances on Wednesday...I have to say I thought most of them were horrible. I loved Melanie & Marcuses performances. Lakoda Rayne were just ok, I still just love them though. Chris was ok as well.

Drew sucks. I'm sorry. LOL. Just plain awful.

I HATED Josh's rendition of that Foo Fighters song.

LeRoy really is boring.

Stacey was seriously bad. Angela I don't know how you can like that womans screechy, OTT, OOOT (often out of tune) voice. She is TRAGIC. I'm so sorry.

LOL. Just no. I have to disagree. Ok attitude is crucial for a hip hop artist and all but IMO Astro's attitude went off course with what a hip hop artists attitude should really be. He has the big ego & cockyness down, which I guess is good, but then tonight he cried & got mad cause he was in the bottom two. Dude was seriously fine with QUITTING. He needs to grow up. Has Kanye ever quit or cancel a performance/concert all because there were people out there who didn't like him? No because he's an adult (or mature enough) & knows how to handle things like that and still keep going unlike Astro who is what, like 13 years old & willing to give up at the drop of a hat? Your right he will probably learn from how he acted tonight & probably win the whole competition now. Next week his reel will be all about how he learned. Sorry but rolleyes.gif

There are more deserving people in this bunch like Melanie Amaro, Marcus Canty & Lakoda Rayne. Astro can go off and be a big star for all I care but if he wins the whole comp I will be disgusted just because he was willing to give it all up so easily.

• Members

Someone seriously needs to ask Astro to play a hearty game of "Hide and Go F&%K Yourself".

While I admit he is talented, his arrogant, entitled, spoiled brat attitude is unacceptable, no matter what age he is.

If I acted like that at his age, my mother would have backhanded me so hard I would have fallen on my ass.

Whatever chances Astro had of making it to the end are gone now. You don't piss off the very audience that has the power to make or break you.

Archived